peajes on dominican roads to go up

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Wow, they're not bashful. Doubling the cost from 30 to 60 pesos. Surprised they aren't taking to the streets over this.

Basically leaving Santo Domingo costs 30rd more for the average vehicle. Very happy the tolls for the light vehicle user on the SD ring road doesn't change.

If the guys can afford these gas guzzling SUV's, 30rd is not going to hurt especially since the highways throughout the land keep getting better.

Is this the season for more tax hikes?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Yep, and they have to pay for those campaigns now.

Plus a new by pass road ...probably toll road....in your neck of the woods AE.....

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...tacion-de-la-circunvalacion-de-bani-MN4861079

I keep wondering if it will be south of Bani...the reference to Acceso a Nizao is making me wonder on the route....

Just looking at the geography around Bani makes this an expensive but most helpful ring road. The one proposed to Azua will be much easier.

Last edited:

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I am sure the toll here is significantly cheaper than a few other places in the world but that is like saying a few other children are uglier and dumber than mine. So I should feel better? hahahaha

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
jesus people, you bitch and moan when a toll goes from .65 cents to 1.30.
try going over the verrazano bridge in ny, it's 16 dollars.

Even in NY they wouldn't DOUBLE a toll, regardless of the amount. Expats, in general, won't be affected by this, and most of the jeepeta owners won't either. It's the principle, not the amount.

I was a kid when the Verrazano opened, but I remember the outrage over a $.75 cent toll. Bet they long for the good old days now

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Motorists fume over higher toll, halt traffic on major highway

Santo Domingo.- Trafficked is backed up on the Las Americas Highway, where motorists refuse to pay as much as double the toll at the Santo Domingo-Boca Chica plaza, after the Public Works Ministry announced the surprise increases across the country on Sunday.

Police officers and troops talk to drivers vehicle by vehicle, explaining that they should pay 60 pesos, instead of the 30 paid until yesterday. Some drivers claim they were caught by surprise.

The south side of the Las Americas highway has been prepared to tow the vehicles whose drivers refuse to pay the higher toll.

The 6 de Noviembre (south) was also militarized on Monday when the increases took effect on all major thoroughfares.

Cars, pickup trucks, SUVs and vans which until Sunday paid a toll of RD$30, will have to pay RD$ 60, while the buses and minibuses that had paid RD$50 will now pay RD$120; heavy vehicles with a toll of RD$100 will now pay RD$200; those of RD$300 will pay RD$400 and the rest will pay RD$600.

http://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...ver-higher-toll-halt-traffic-on-major-highway

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
jesus people, you bitch and moan when a toll goes from .65 cents to 1.30.
try going over the verrazano bridge in ny, it's 16 dollars.

Let me tell you somthin' man....Sonny would have lived if he had EZPass...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I hope that don't increase the toll on the new road to Las Terrenas. The cost is already so high that most people continue to use the old road.