Thread: New JCE Office in Veron

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New JCE Office in Veron

With the opening of this office in Veron, will it now be possible to do Residency Renewals and obtain Cedulas at this office without having to go to Santo Domingo? Anybody have any information on this opening?

Post Thanks / Like

Residency renewals moved to an office in Verón a couple of years ago, in Plaza Velero.
    That office has since moved to Punta Cana Village - it's above Wendy's/Happy Birthday Gifts.
    As far as I know foreigners' cedulas still need to be renewed in Santo Domingo.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

3. Likes KateP liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Been trying to reach their new office at 809-552-9906 to confirm if they'll be working with foreigner cedulas but there's no answer...what a surprise.

Here's what Bavaro Digital posted about it https://www.facebook.com/bavarodigit...type=3&theater

Post Thanks / Like

It does say they will be renewing foreigner cédulas but would be good to have this confirmed.

Arrancaron las operaciones en la JCE de Veron. Pueden ir a sacar su cédula tanto dominicano como extranjeros, casamientos, acta de nacimiento de cuarquier pueblo, transcripción, declaración nacimientos oportunos y tardios, actas de difunciones, actas para fines de cédula y escolares, etc. Para más información llamar 8095529906.
    (Trying to resist commenting on the so-called journalist's spelling)

www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    It does say they will be renewing foreigner cédulas but would be good to have this confirmed.

(Trying to resist commenting on the so-called journalist's spelling)
    lol I got tired of correcting them. They told me once that the intention was to get the news out. I answered that if as a foreigner speaking Spanish as a third language I could correct them, that they should perhaps take a few seconds to run a spellcheck first before posting if they didn't know how to write. On this post I actually had the *cualquier ready to hit enter but changed my mind. They'll never change...

Post Thanks / Like

There are already several posts poking fun at it. I might start following BD again, but that particularly got on my nerves.

www.DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The below information on OUR Website does not offer much information. Would really appreciate any elaboration that can be offered.

From D.R.1 Daily News, 7 September 2016:

New civil registry offices in Verón
    The east coast town of Verón now has a new building housing the civil registry, ID services.

The new Central Electoral Board (JCE) facility reportedly cost RD$29.6 million to build.

The JCE also announced new offices in Comendador (Elías Piña), Azua, Villa Mella, Guerra, Nigua and La Vega as part of the decentralization process of civil registry services.

Moderator parum momenti
    Post Thanks / Like

So, any satellite JCE offices processing cedula renewals for foreigners?