Anyone knows Vespa for sale ?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I am (still) looking for a Vespa, in reasonable condition a 125cc plus.
Does anybody knows one in the north?
Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I am (still) looking for a Vespa, in reasonable condition a 125cc plus.
Does anybody knows one in the north?
Thanks.
Hard to come by, but there is a Dominican Vespa club based in Santo Domingo. Might want to network through them.

Chances are a purchase from an enthusiast instead of some random seller, will provide a better bike.

Vespa Club Dominicano Facebook Page

Good luck! Vespas are fine machines.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Thanks CB, I was aware of that club. Don't like clubs and don't have Facebook. I would like to find just an old Vespa, used in the Campo like there are still Land Rovers and Landcruisers to if d from the eighties. But thanks very much for your suggestions.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks CB, I was aware of that club. Don't like clubs and don't have Facebook. I would like to find just an old Vespa, used in the Campo like there are still Land Rovers and Landcruisers to if d from the eighties. But thanks very much for your suggestions.
I'd advise against a Vespa, or pasola's in general, for the campo. The wheels are too small. They are a tarmac machine.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005

I haven't seen many Vespa around here in the north. Not sure why you want one to use in the campo, do you have nice memories and had one and know how to take care of it etc....

I suggest get something that is common and used a lot here, they have the parts everywhere and any kid on the block can repair it. Imagine (not hard using it in the campo) if you need a part that is difficult to find locally, need to order in at high delivery cost and wait and hope.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On the north coast, I have never seen a Vespa in 13 years. Someone might have one stored in their back yard due to lack of parts. Good luck finding one.
Yamaha would be where I would go if looking for a scooter. Parts are readily available.

(Why anyone would want a Land Rover of any year is beyond me.)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Why a Land Rover ???

to match the gold or diamond stud in your front tooth !!

what a question Windy.....get with it , huh ??

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why a Land Rover ???

to match the gold or diamond stud in your front tooth !!

what a question Windy.....get with it , huh ??

You are talking to a guy who still has a clamshell cellie, only for emergencies!
@ least he can make his Roland hum.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are talking to a guy who still has a clamshell cellie, only for emergencies!
@ least he can make his Roland hum.

I have NO cell phone of any kind and have not had one in over 15 years.

Now back to the rare and elusive Vespa search. There is a Chinese version of one that is available if you are into the retro look.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
If it has to be a vespa , good luck.
Yamaha metropolitan or honda vino offer that same look, but in 50cc, not sure about 150cc.
The campos have paved roads you know? Wont think anyone will try running a scooter in the dirt, poor traction.

For any one that knows, are electric scooters picking up steam in the DR?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
On the north coast, I have never seen a Vespa in 13 years. Someone might have one stored in their back yard due to lack of parts. Good luck finding one.
Yamaha would be where I would go if looking for a scooter. Parts are readily available.

(Why anyone would want a Land Rover of any year is beyond me.)

I know a Vespa dealer here in Puerto Plata. Across from the Isla gas station on the highway laving town to the east. He has the little ones also he has a Yamaha Majestic the huge scooter. PM me if you need better directions.
Der Fish

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Don't worry, I know what I am talking about, I lived from 1991-2000 in the DR and had a Vespa, they are very very reliable.
Why not a Honda? What about style? Why a Land Rover? These are the little pieces of our european culture we love to take with us even it costs a little more. Same as the cobbler who askes you...why leather soles? Why not rubber?
So it will be a Vespa.