Need help with Research 2007-2008

findher

Sep 7, 2016
Hello all - I hope this finds you doing well. I am trying to solve a mystery that took place in the years 2007 - 2008.
I have a theory but need more information about the DR, DR immigrants to USA as well as some general questions.
I hope you can help with some or all of the questions.

Remember, I am asking about the years 2007-2008....
- When Dominicans came to the USA from DR to live or work, where did most arrive?
- Once in USA, is there a place that most ended up living? Or a place that most wanted to get to?
- If traveling to USA for the purpose of making a better life for themselves or family back home in DR, possibly illegally,
how and what would be brought with them in terms of money, clothes, etc.
- If a DR family, had family member traveling to the USA "for a better life", and they stopped hearing from the family member,
is there a centralized place or typical way that DR family might go about looking for them?
- Is Catholic jewelry, rosary's, common accessories for Dominicans?
- What brands of shoes were popular?

Thank you, again.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Most latinos from most countries congregated in Miami area, except the Dominicans went to New York or Boston area (Lynn MA)
Many Dominicans here believe that the name of the USA is Nuevo yooo.
Best of luck.
Der Fish

findher

Sep 7, 2016
Thank you very much. Could New Jersey possibly be the next stop for Dominicans after New York?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thank you very much. Could New Jersey possibly be the next stop for Dominicans after New York?

There are LOTS of Dominicans in northern New Jersey, and then more in the Perth Amboy area. More and more in the Atlantic City are too.

Very hard to guess where whoever you're seeking ended up. Many never leave Washington Heights, or move out to Bklyn, Queens, and Nassau County [Freeport, Uniondale, etc.]

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Try social media, specially Facebook, Dominicans love it, if you have photos that would help too.

Catholic jewelries are popular, also tattoos, if she had a tattoo, that could help.

I hope you find her, findher.

findher

Sep 7, 2016
This is all great information and very much appreciated. You have confirmed some of my theories.
As I mentioned, I have been doing my own research on this matter for quite some time.
My heart hurts for this angel, who I believe is from the DR, so I've dedicated my free time to do research to hopefully
help solve this.
That's all I will say for now because I don't want to affect your view on it, but please take a look at the link below and
let me know your thoughts. Once I hear back, I would love to discuss this further with you guys.

Notes:
Perth Amboy is in Middlesex County which is the county next to Monmouth.
No tattoos.

Would not let me post URL, but here is the address, just remove spaces before you copy and paste.
http : //doe network . org/cases/770ufnj. html

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
This is all great information and very much appreciated. You have confirmed some of my theories.
As I mentioned, I have been doing my own research on this matter for quite some time.
My heart hurts for this angel, who I believe is from the DR, so I've dedicated my free time to do research to hopefully
help solve this.
That's all I will say for now because I don't want to affect your view on it, but please take a look at the link below and
let me know your thoughts. Once I hear back, I would love to discuss this further with you guys.

Notes:
Perth Amboy is in Middlesex County which is the county next to Monmouth.
No tattoos.

Would not let me post URL, but here is the address, just remove spaces before you copy and paste.
http : //doe network . org/cases/770ufnj. html

Here's the link you refer to:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/770ufnj.html

-----------------------------

Dominicans in Massachusetts at that time were principally in Lowell, Lawrence, Jamaica Plain and Worcester.

As of today Dominicans are the largest Hispanic group in Rhode Island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_Americans_(Dominican_Republic)

findher

Sep 7, 2016

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
There is a very large Dominican Community in Providence, RI. I was there. It is quite large!
Respectfully

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
US Census Bureau data (2008-12) shows the top cocnentrations by metropolitan area for the foreign born from the Dominican Republic:

New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA 524, (2.8%)
Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH: 59,000 (1.3%)
Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Fla: 59,000 (1.1%)
Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA 23,000 (1.5%)
Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL: 20,000 (0.9%
Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL 11,000 (0.4%)
Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV: 10,000 (0.2%)
Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton, PA-NJ: 8,000 (0.9%)
Reading, PA: 7,000 (0.7%)

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I read the info in the link provided. Dominican in Brielle, NJ? Sounds strange to me. Sad. I hope you find her loved ones.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I read the info in the link provided. Dominican in Brielle, NJ? Sounds strange to me. Sad. I hope you find her loved ones.

We have to assume that the OP has good reason to believe the victim was Dominican. She could have worked in Brielle, anything is possible.

Good to see you posting again.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Lynn, Lawrence, Salem, Peabody. All have large dominican populations. The company I managed in Peabody had almost a 50% Dominican workforce. The bracelet is more like what I have seen on my staff from central America.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk