TREX - decking available in the Dominican Republic?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I know I'm probably being delusional, but has anyone heard of a company in the DR who has started importing TREX - composite decking?
It is a wonderful alternative to wood. Never needs maintenance like sanding, staining, painting, long lasting, no termites, etc.

products

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Call the distributor or manufacturer...

you may be able to send it mudanza....if no rep here.
not that hard.... worth a try

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Think of all money that is saved on maintaining the floor and the lack of a need for paint or stain...works on the railings, too!
No doubt it's a stellar product.

But that payback is a looooong time in the DR.

I'll be plant food well before then.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We just built a deck using Trex. If you consider shipping it, I can get a number of a company in Pennsylvania who wholesale it for about half the price of Lowes and Home Depot. Our daughter has a massive 1500 sq ft deck and she bought from them.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Our family had a business in composite decking in Europe. Good stuff, all from China of course. We still have our contacts and would live to do business in SD. The EU market is saturated.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
installation is not included.
But for all the naysayers out there, once you have TREX installed it's hard to go back to regular wood and the
maintenance that goes along with it.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
See this http://maderasintetica.do/ and also see for sale to ferreteria americana, but I don't know the price.

I know I'm probably being delusional, but has anyone heard of a company in the DR who has started importing TREX - composite decking?
It is a wonderful alternative to wood. Never needs maintenance like sanding, staining, painting, long lasting, no termites, etc.

products

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

products

Somewhere in the DR you would think there would be a contractor using this or something like this. It would make sense for the tropics where the weather is constantly at odds.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My contractor uses it for gates.... decks don't seem to be in demand.
Pool house doors.... is another use.

Yes, Steve, he likes it for the mtce free, insect proof, etc aspects...
Many pluses...

Jan 9, 2004
Is there a generic TRAX-like product available?

Not sure about generic....but there are other brands;

Trex is expensive.....but its not the decking that puts it out of the reach of many....its the posts and rails etc.,......the ornamentation options that can make it expensive.

An 18x24 deck using Trex (materials only) can easily run to 10k USD.....and it did.

Azec
Timbertech
Fiberon

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Is there a generic TRAX-like product available?

THere is a product sold locally in Hollywood Florida called BTW better than wood. It is generally a grey color with other colors mixed in randomly since it is made from recycled plastic. Their shop was just down the block from mine off Pembroke Road. They built tons of beach walkways for the city. Some of ther planks split afte r8 years or so where the scews penetrated them.
Der Fish

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas

products
Here's my old post - but we are seriously looking for Trex composite wood now -> https://www.trex.com/

Is it available now in the DR? If so, who sells it?