Article about Fathom (Carnival) cutting back on DR to switch to Cuba.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
Did I understand that correctly? I took it to mean that they used to sail to the DR weekly, and now they will alternate with one weekly DR and the next week being Cuba.

If so, this is one way opening Cuba has affected the DR.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
what a scam this cruise line is. i hope they go and never come back. Social Justice Warriors on their one week altruistic cruise. Are these people serious ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did I understand that correctly? I took it to mean that they used to sail to the DR weekly, and now they will alternate with one weekly DR and the next week being Cuba.

If so, this is one way opening Cuba has affected the DR.

In this case, affecting the DR in a good way.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
I agree. I've never been a big fan of the volunteer groups. I was making sure that I got that correct because of the way it was written.

Unfortunately, I fly in so I'll still have to deal with the groups in the airports. They behave terribly annoying there.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I agree. I've never been a big fan of the volunteer groups. I was making sure that I got that correct because of the way it was written.

Unfortunately, I fly in so I'll still have to deal with the groups in the airports. They behave terribly annoying there.

I know... the look at me and my church group tshirt crew. They accomplish nothing on their short trips other than get a phot op for instagram

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this older article talks about fathom's itinerary:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ng-dates-through-december-2017-300268382.html

it may also give some clues regarding why they may want to skip DR in favour of cuba:
Prices for the seven-day trips to the Dominican Republic start at $974 per person, excluding taxes, fees and port expenses and including all meals on the ship, onboard social impact immersion experiences, three on-shore social impact activities and related supplies. Prices vary by season.
Prices for seven-day itineraries to Cuba start at $1,899 per person, excluding Cuban visas, taxes, fees and port expenses and including all meals on the ship, lunch during scheduled on-the-ground activities, onboard immersion experiences and certain on-the-ground cultural immersion activities. Prices vary by season.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
A light-year is a distance not a unit of time.

IE the distance equal to what light would travel in a year at 300,000* km per second times 60*60*24*365 seconds in a year.

They talk about this stuff of Big Bang Theory.

DS

* If you like 300,000,000 m per second misma cosa