LIfe without options, but determine to create one.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
Source: http://kyma.com/haitian-and-african-arrivals-continue-in-mexicali/

CALEXICO, Calif. ? The Calexico Port of Entry continues to see an increase of Africans and Haitians. Authorities are trying to figure out what is causing so many to leave their home countries.

Among those, is Loikesma Pierre. It has been nearly two years since she left her home in Haiti.

?I have my two children and would like to give them a better education,? said Pierre.

Pierre says she first flew to Brazil then went through Peru to Central America. In Nicaragua she says she was robbed and beaten. She says women were often raped, even by police.

?Nicaragua was bad, really bad. There I suffered a lot. I lost my money and I went through a lot there,? Pierre says.

Jean, another member of the group that arrived on Sunday, says his experience was similar in Nicaragua.

? I know a lot of people that are in Costa Rica right now. They can?t cross because things are so bad in Nicaragua,? Jean said.

Pierre Hardol says he left his family in Congo nearly five months ago. Hardol says he flew from Congo to Chile and then made his way to Colombia where he says many of his travelling companions perished in the jungle from snake bites or soldier attacks.

Hardol and Pierre both say they entered Mexico through the small town of Tapachula in the Mexican state of Chiapas. There they say Mexican immigration officials handed them a humanitarian permit that allows them to stay in the country for 20 days.

According to the Mexican newspaper, El Universal, immigration officials registered 424 Africans arriving in Tapachula during a two day period in late August.

Pierre says she has been treated well since arriving in Mexicali, but says her ultimate destination is the United States.

?For now, I?m just waiting. I went through all of it, through all those countries to make it there, the United States,? said Pierre.

KYMA reached out to Customs and Border Protection who declined to comment on the matter but stated in a press release that they have, ?seen in uptick in the number of cases of Haitians arriving to the ports of entry in Calexico.? They say these individuals are being processed on a case by case basis.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Source: http://kyma.com/haitian-and-african-arrivals-continue-in-mexicali/

CALEXICO, Calif. ? The Calexico Port of Entry continues to see an increase of Africans and Haitians. Authorities are trying to figure out what is causing so many to leave their home countries.

Among those, is Loikesma Pierre. It has been nearly two years since she left her home in Haiti.

?I have my two children and would like to give them a better education,? said Pierre.

Pierre says she first flew to Brazil then went through Peru to Central America. In Nicaragua she says she was robbed and beaten. She says women were often raped, even by police.

?Nicaragua was bad, really bad. There I suffered a lot. I lost my money and I went through a lot there,? Pierre says.

Jean, another member of the group that arrived on Sunday, says his experience was similar in Nicaragua.

? I know a lot of people that are in Costa Rica right now. They can?t cross because things are so bad in Nicaragua,? Jean said.

Pierre Hardol says he left his family in Congo nearly five months ago. Hardol says he flew from Congo to Chile and then made his way to Colombia where he says many of his travelling companions perished in the jungle from snake bites or soldier attacks.

Hardol and Pierre both say they entered Mexico through the small town of Tapachula in the Mexican state of Chiapas. There they say Mexican immigration officials handed them a humanitarian permit that allows them to stay in the country for 20 days.

According to the Mexican newspaper, El Universal, immigration officials registered 424 Africans arriving in Tapachula during a two day period in late August.

Pierre says she has been treated well since arriving in Mexicali, but says her ultimate destination is the United States.

?For now, I?m just waiting. I went through all of it, through all those countries to make it there, the United States,? said Pierre.

KYMA reached out to Customs and Border Protection who declined to comment on the matter but stated in a press release that they have, ?seen in uptick in the number of cases of Haitians arriving to the ports of entry in Calexico.? They say these individuals are being processed on a case by case basis.

Sadly, Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. There is little opportunity for the average citizen to pull themselves out of poverty. It takes guts to do what this women did to escape from Haiti. You can imagine if she was given the means to start a new life how hard she would work to do this. The Haitian gov has always been and is still a cluster __ck of leaders who can't get out of their own way to solve basic problems.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
Yes, it is a very courageous endeavor to make a journey to South American and them cross thousands of miles, to arrive in the US. All while risking being deported.

Theses governments or poor excuses of one, should stop allowing export companies and tourism industry paying $60 to $200 per month. Increase these slavery wages to a better level, $300 per month or more.