Passport Locked?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
After reading the comment on the other side of the fence, I thought I'd ask:

Has anyone with residency that has not been registered into the immigration system yet left the country recently and had to get their passport unlocked at the "Special Window" because they are flagged as having been in country longer than 30 days?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
After reading the comment on the other side of the fence, I thought I'd ask:

Has anyone with residency that has not been registered into the immigration system yet left the country recently and had to get their passport unlocked at the "Special Window" because they are flagged as having been in country longer than 30 days?

Who unlocks a passport? The Dominicans? Can they unlock a USA passport? What means unlock a passport?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Who unlocks a passport? The Dominicans? Can they unlock a USA passport? What means unlock a passport?

A foreign passport is automatically blocked at departure of exit day is more than 30'days after entry date. If you are a resident they'll unblock it at a special counter (7B in my case) if you are a tourist they'll send you to pay the fine.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
A foreign passport is automatically blocked at departure of exit day is more than 30'days after entry date. If you are a resident they'll unblock it at a special counter (7B in my case) if you are a tourist they'll send you to pay the fine.

Thanks. I am leaving on the 5 of Oct. I cancelled my Sept departure. I have this stamp in my passport because I started the regularizacion process. I don't really think I will ever be back and I am a bit concerned if I have to pay the exit fee of 6500 pesos.
Seems like someone said they got thru without paying it it once and the next time got hooked on it. I also have 4 or 5 traffic tickets I have not paid. Anyone know what lurks there?
Der Fish

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks. I am leaving on the 5 of Oct. I cancelled my Sept departure. I have this stamp in my passport because I started the regularizacion process. I don't really think I will ever be back and I am a bit concerned if I have to pay the exit fee of 6500 pesos.
Seems like someone said they got thru without paying it it once and the next time got hooked on it. I also have 4 or 5 traffic tickets I have not paid. Anyone know what lurks there?
Der Fish

No need to worry about the traffic fines. I have one and they don't check it. On the exit fee, I'd go prepared to pay it, or pass by migration office in SD and ask if you need to pay at exit.

Are you saying you are not coming back to DR?

Is it me or are more and more foreigners leaving the ship?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Happened to me once about a year ago but not in the 3 or 4 flights since. Not a big deal and took 5 min to "fix" the situation.

Bob k

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
No need to worry about the traffic fines. I have one and they don't check it. On the exit fee, I'd go prepared to pay it, or pass by migration office in SD and ask if you need to pay at exit.

Are you saying you are not coming back to DR?

Is it me or are more and more foreigners leaving the ship?

I have an Ex with whom I lived in Panama who is back in Barranquilla Colombia and I prolly will end up with her once more time. She isn't a lazy thing who cannot imagine the idea of working, as are the Dominican women I meet. There are 3 construction sites within a couple of blocks of here and I presented my present mujer with the idea of cooking a few extra meals, boxing them up and presenting them to the workers on the sites for 100 pesos including a small soda, but she is too good to stoop that low. She has her gringo (me) and it is his job to support her and her salon visits and every other desire of hers. On the other the gal in Colombia has been supporting her kids for the last 6 years alone and can continue to work and contribute to our life together.
Der Fish

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I wish you all the luck and success fish. I know there will come a time that I too strike out for a different environment. I just don't yet know if I that will be months, a year or longer.