Cops on commission!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
"The Listin Diario also reports that AMET agents will receive a percentage of each fine".

This has got to be one of the stupidest ideas I have heard in a long time.

They will not be able to print the amount of tickets that will be written using this idea. What a great way to make up your wage packet :)

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Speed traps

This idea will make the infamous 1950's "speed traps" in the Southern United States look honest in comparison.

Janice

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
I am all for AMET agents cracking down on bad drivers and unsafe conditions but where the hell do they derive their power from? Does congress give them an open policy to enforce whatever they want however they want?

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
AMET Commissions

I am 100% in favor of this, or any idea that would create an incentive for either the police or AMET to crack down on certain traffic violations. Pedestrians and the people of Santo Domingo have to take their sidewalks and streets back from the mob.

Buhoneros, delivery trucks, street vendors and all kinds of misery imposing people are turning this city into Calcutta in the Caribbean.

This is a beautiful city. If all its streets were paved and clean it would have little to envy Miami. Our problem are these uncivilized herds of buscones. It is not anyone's fault that your family bought another car while having only one space to park in your driveway, or your building. If you buy an extra car it is your responsibility to figure out how to park it legally, but not on our sidewalks.

Eventually, conchos and motoconchos will go out of existence. These people are just going to have to start training themselves to do something else, or else jump in a boat. DR is for real. Progress is coming with or without the mob.

The State Police and city police in the United States have quota incentives to keep order in the streets. Why not here? Let them hurt them where it hurts, in their pockets. Confiscate their vehicles and wares.

After Candelier I see almost everyone wearing seatbelts, saving us millions of dollars in medical bills for stupid people. I have double air bags and I still use my seatbelt. Why can't others.
Represive? Yes, but effective. Or, would you prefer the old system of paying these goons who stopped you for nothing for the $20 bribe so they could have their Presidente. No way Jose!!

I believe we should also increase tollways to $10 each way to and from Santo Domingo. This is a big international city, not a little hick town anymore. $5 is not enough. License plates should cost $2500 each. Motorcycles should pay $1000 for plates.

TW