Best PICA POLLO in Sosua???

Jul 28, 2014
The comedor on Pedro Clisante, by where the Blackberry awning hangs, not too far from the Dr. Rosen intersection isn't bad, if they still have it

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Cafe Tropical (across from Playero) does a pretty good job. There's a little Dominican place on Route 5 just past Calle Dr. Rosen that is also good.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
When it comes to Pica Pollo in DR they almost all do it the same way, the key is how fresh is the oil used (that is only a week old and not a month or two !) and how fresh was the chicken and how long ago was it fired before it gets to you... !

I have tried many and at the moment my favorite is the small (take away) cantina next to the old Four Roses bar on PC.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
When it comes to Pica Pollo in DR they almost all do it the same way, the key is how fresh is the oil used (that is only a week old and not a month or two !) and how fresh was the chicken and how long ago was it fired before it gets to you... !

I have tried many and at the moment my favorite is the small (take away) cantina next to the old Four Roses bar on PC.

I second that Uzin.....always fresh, large portions, good price.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
The key is, that the old buzzard didn't die of a natural cause!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

Can you be a bit more specific on where this place is for those who may not know where the Four Roses is/was. Is this place before or after bank corner? Before or after Olies' bbq chicken place? Across the street from what? Is there a sign with a name?

Thx.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Can you be a bit more specific on where this place is for those who may not know where the Four Roses is/was. Is this place before or after bank corner? Before or after Olies' bbq chicken place? Across the street from what? Is there a sign with a name?

Thx.

Going from down town PC away from the beach to the other direction, pass Super Super, then pass Olie's, then 50 yards on the left adjacent to the old 4 Roses Bar, before Domino bar and Hotel Europa, small place but you can't miss it - I think it is closed on Tuesdays but they change the day they close regularly, sometimes it's closed on Sundays, a bit random unfortunately...