commuting by plane,car ,bus???

zack

Feb 19, 2002
Hi,
I have to travel with my wife and 3 chikdren from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana.
I've been told it would take 6 hours by car .
Does anyone has any idea about airplane ? and may be some little private airplane from a aero club ?

Thank's

Jacques

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Jim

Yes Jim is right! Jim: Is this because of the park where there are no roads? I've heard that this is what it takes to get around this area....why is it? Is it because you have to go around the area that looks like parkland or countrie on the map? Thanks Jim for your answer! BTW hows BC been lately? Itching to go....haven't been in pretty much a year now....longest I've been away from BC in about 15 or so years.....anything new of significance? Any new building going on in the way of hotels? How's the Joker Hotel? Never been there....but been hearing a lot(good)of late! Hows the rooms..... and the location I understand is on Las Americas.....to the west of Jaun De Vinci across from Casitas Del Sol....am I in the right area? Do they have a pool....(I know "check out ....wwwbc beach.net .....right! lol) also is there air and is there a bar/rest. on site?

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Jim

Just went to your site ....and as always very helpful info....Hows the presidential suite....what does it have?....is it worth the extra? How many roomS are there? Is the owner from the US? (I thought he was from France....and then someone just told me he's from Detroit?Not that it matters...just for communicating purposes)How about parking your Motorclycle...can you bring it inside the grounds? What type of clientel does the owner attract? Is it full of "older men" or would it be alright for the wife and I...without much s**t going on around the pool during the day? Also Jim what is the view from the Presidential suite like....is it on the ground floor and is it right beside the pool....I really like the suite at Casa Coca right in front of the pool....it's just the clientel since Gary left. I don't mind normal stuff going on ......but sometimes it just gets too much. I also found the food has changed since Gary left....it used to be very good US/Canadien food. Gary's brother lives right here in my hometown and says Gary is up in Santiago....selling cars....Have you heard anything about the new owners? I really liked the place because I could bring my bike right into the gates.....also the rental car lot right outside was handy during the day for safty....in respect with the bikes. Is Ramon still running the bikes at the Hamaca? Thanks Jim for your time

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Hey Zack

You can catch an Air Santo Domingo flight for about 1000RD per person from PP to PC. Search on this board because it wasn't even a month ago that someone asked the identical question and got a bunch of great answers.

Good luck
marc

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Re: Jim

Doug:

I'll be in Boca Chica tomorrow. New construction in Boca Chica continues. Businesses, condos, restaurants, and apartments, ...

The Joker Hotel in Boca Chica (formerly Hotel Italia) has only been open for a couple months. It has been fixed up nicely and is run by a prominent Italian couple, Roberto and his wife Elena, as a "project" for the owners, friends of theirs that are in Italy. Roberto and his wife Elena are good friends and business associates of mine.

Roberto is an attorney and international financier, made his mark owning and running a stock exchange, and is a famous race car driver among many other very interesting things. You will find them to be quite extraordinary and interesting, humble and intelligent, warm and friendly. His Italian wife is attractive, younger, runs a spic-and-span ship, cooks like no other, and has a special love for cats.

The Joker hotel is located along Las Americas (see www.BocaChicaBeach.net/map.html), and many of the clients are people that arrive in the DR without a hotel in mind. They see the Joker Hotel when driving along the highway after leaving the airport. It is but a short walk to the beach and there is a road that runs directly along side the hotel, from the highway to the beach. Things at this place are informal (like family and friends actually), clean, and you are isolated from many of the problems one typically deals with when visiting the paradise of Boca Chica. Couples and singles alike will feel equally at home here.

Italian, Spanish, and English are spoken fluently here. Yes, you can park your motorcycle on the grounds. I can't give you any specifics about the rooms beside what is says on the website. If food is your thing, you are in for a treat. The kitchen is in full view and dining is a warm and friendly event, casual and family style.

The owner is especially into swimming and he is as attentive to the condition of the pool as his wife is to the cleanliness of the hotel. The pool is a good sized and deep. The hotel has a bar and restaurant and will manage just about any service for their clients.