buying a used car in santo domingo

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
does anyone know if "the gorgon" is still helping people to purchase a car ...I tried to send a private message and unfortunately he is not getting them at this time

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
does anyone know if "the gorgon" is still helping people to purchase a car ...I tried to send a private message and unfortunately he is not getting them at this time

Two different ways to go. Buy from a dealer or private individual. Either way you need to do your homework and whatever vehicle you are interested bring it to an independent mechanic to check it out. If you buy from a dealer ask about what warranty is offered. Take the car for a good test drive. Check things like, tires, coolant levels, oil levels. After the engine warms up and you have been driving for a while pull over and see if you have oil leaks. Also who ever you buy from make sure they have a record of maintenance for the vehicle. I would not buy anything used that is more than 8-10 years old. Good luck.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
If anyone does speak with him please tell him he is missed here.

I hope he hasn't given up on us.

I have talked with him. He says he is banned for a while from the board. Bad behavior of some sort, in the eyes of the mods.

He will be back, he says. I did not ask how long.