Annoying Issue Fixed...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The text should now wrap when typing in the message windows.

If you are still having problems, clear your cache and try again.

I tested and Chrome, Safari and Firefox and it is working fine.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The Neverending Story, has ended, but another has started!
Can't get to the second line to type.
Using Firefox.

5b71xy.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... unless I type to fill the first line. Will try again after clearing cache. Nope, can not advance to second line except by typing full first line. Typing spaces does not work.....

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Does not work in FIREFOX.

Works in Chrome, IE, Opera okay.

Ahhh ha... it will work in Firefox, but it does not show on the screen you are typing if you are trying to create a new paragraph, it shows up after pressing submit.

The line wrap does work, it's the trying to get to another line or create a new paragraph that does not show while entering the data.

Confusing - this relates to Firefox ONLY.

Sep 4, 2012
Just testing this new feature or the fix for a formal function which hasn't worked or quit working without any valid reason provided by the forum folks. Holy wrapping words, it works Batman!!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Something is seriously wrong, the wrapping is fixed but now paragraphs are a thing of the past when quoting?

As said above, I tried as well, and cannot do paragraphs anymore, but problems only with Firefox, with Chrome everything is smooth.

I'd like to know what has happened with Firefox, have used it professionally and privately for years, but now I'm finally moving some my work related stuff to Chrome, as I can't deal with FF anymore. It crashes, it eats up to 1.2 Gb RAM and up to 60 % of processor capacity, whereas I can have 25+ tabs open in Chrome with heavy online apps open, and RAM usage stays at 200 Mb and hardly any processor usage at all.

Sorry, off-topic partly, the thread was about problems with Firefox and the forum though. Having been exclusive FF user for a long long time, I'd just like to understand, why has the quality come down so much?

Sep 4, 2012
As said above, I tried as well, and cannot do paragraphs anymore, but problems only with Firefox, with Chrome everything is smooth.

I'd like to know what has happened with Firefox, have used it professionally and privately for years, but now I'm finally moving some my work related stuff to Chrome, as I can't deal with FF anymore. It crashes, it eats up to 1.2 Gb RAM and up to 60 % of processor capacity, whereas I can have 25+ tabs open in Chrome with heavy online apps open, and RAM usage stays at 200 Mb and hardly any processor usage at all.

Sorry, off-topic partly, the thread was about problems with Firefox and the forum though. Having been exclusive FF user for a long long time, I'd just like to understand, why has the quality come down so much?

Haven't tried any other browser, FF is my winner.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Mine too. I still use FF when ever I can, but with a few work related things, FF was slowing me down too much, whereas Chrome works perfectly. I wish it wasn't so, as I'm so used to FF, I would rather not use other browsers at all...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I left FF because their updates kept crashing important add-ons, and the resources used got ridiculous.

I never thought I'd use Chrome, but it's been a far better browser, even without the number of add-ons available.

FF 40.0.2 works fine, proper wrap.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Firefox sux. I used to use FF, but not for a long time, bc FF sux. I have been a devoted Chrome user for some time, and I am a much happier person. Note my 'graph: not "happy," but "happier."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Time to change then ;)

It actually is time to look at other options. Firefox has become unstable. Perhaps they will recover in the future.

Trying Chromium for Linux now since Google has decided to no longer support their version of Chrome for Linux.