Where's the Bohemia?

MrRiley

Feb 6, 2007
I did a search and had no luck..

Where's the Bohemia? I heard that Presidente discontinued it to further push the their P brand.. I hope this isn't true because I don't care for it..

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
If you're in Sosua, The Finish Line on Ayuntamiento, between Super Super before town hall has Bohemia.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
To me it is by far the better beer. I drink Presidente (not light) but don't really care for it.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Wonder why ?

The last of the Bohemia, is it possibly the unidentified outflow into the Caribe at the Malecon opposite the CND ?

Bohemia is a good beer. However, the heads of CND AmBev want to press Presidente Light only into the markeplace.

Wonder why ?

Regards,

PJT

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The last of the Bohemia, is it possibly the unidentified outflow into the Caribe at the Malecon opposite the CND ?

Bohemia is a good beer. However, the heads of CND AmBev want to press Presidente Light only into the markeplace.

Wonder why ?

Regards,

PJT

They seem to do so because for being light beer and having less alcohol promilage the tax (impuesto selectivo) is less but they can still get away with selling it at the same price as a regular Presidente.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The only beer I see being sold here now is Presidente Light. When buying,
I always make sure I tell them NORMAL and more often then not, they don?t
have any in stock.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
have any in stock.

Whenever I try to buy Coca Cola light all they have is normal. I assure them that I am not normal and cannot drink it!
Der Fish

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
have any in stock.

Presidente is rot gut crap,extremeley horrid, brewed by godless heathens, however if you're constipated......

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Presidente is rot gut crap, extremely horrid, brewed by godless heathens, however if you're constipated......

Agreed Presidente is skunk p*ss at best :disappoin. Even a good percentage of Dominicans won't drink it. Any beer in green bottles is the same including Heiniken - in my humble opinion

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
If I recall correctly, the same thing happened last year. Bohemia disappeared for two or three months before coming back. About the same time of the year iirc.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Agreed Presidente is skunk p*ss at best :disappoin. Even a good percentage of Dominicans won't drink it. Any beer in green bottles is the same including Heiniken - in my humble opinion

In Canada, we have had Moosehead in green bottles which has been undrinkable for decades.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I suspect this video explains where your Bohemia went.......failed QA tests apparently!

[video=youtube_share;A1RXwaSdpsY]https://youtu.be/A1RXwaSdpsY[/video]

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The Bohemia problem has been ongoing for quite some time. My beer-drinking friends have been bereft. I feel your pain. Nobody (even the best informed of my vast network) has any idea WTF is going on. Makes me glad to be a wino.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
The Bohemia problem has been ongoing for quite some time. My beer-drinking friends have been bereft. I feel your pain. Nobody (even the best informed of my vast network) has any idea WTF is going on. Makes me glad to be a wino.

I just posted it here yesterday: Presidente is making and delivering Bohemia again.
I got them yesterday from presidente, and all the bars (if they order it) will have it again this week.
But only the big bottles for the moment, not the small ones.