my guy...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
CES, and CC?? Looks like P. T. Barnum was right: "There is a sucker born every minute."

HB

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
so do you think everyone with a Dominican bf or gf is a sucker, are there no genuinely nice, good people down there that you can take seriously? I know for a fact there are but I guess you don't agree to have them as bf's or gf's?

WhiteWave

Mar 5, 2002
Here We Go

I have a guy who is a very close friend, but I refuse to let it get serious (or waste money on phone bills when email works just fine), until I move there, then we'll see. HB, no more comments please, you know my deal dude!
WW
P.S. There are so many fine looking specimens there why limit myself to one (wink), especially the surfers in Cabarete (big wink).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course not. and I have posted as much.

However, the pitfalls are such as to put the onus of negativity on these posts.

Look up White Wave and Cheryl W. their posts are typical...

What none of us believe in are these resort romances....

There are some good threads on this...

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You are right,see joanne.s post!

She is 1 in a million! To those of us who live here,and observe what goes on around us,the "odds" of coming to the DR on a "vacation",spending 1 or 2 weeks at an all "Inclusive",and finding the "love-Of-Your-Life" are about 1/1,000,000! I could care less if someone,male or female,comes here,falls for a line of "BS" and gets "Burned"! No one listens to "our" advice anyway!Just a point of information.We have seen the same "Scenario" play out again,and again.We have also seen the posts;"I am looking for a Dominican that I met at "Costa Del "STUPID",when I was on vacation,we are going to get married.Have you seen him? He said his name was "Juan",or was it "KiKi",I can,t remember.We are in love.He is "Dark" and very handsome.I called the resort but they can,t help me.Please,I must find him!Really!!!"Desperate"in London!.........Oh he,s here alright,he is just with the "Flavor-Of-The-Week"! "Swiss White Chocolate",she just arrived from Zurick,and "KiKi" really loves her!Or is it "Juan"? It doesn,t matter!Criss Colon

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
When I was forced to hang out in an internet cafe for a months
due to the excelent service of Codetel.
I helped write e-mails for several sankis.
The same e-mail went to ten or more girls a time.
all expressing their sole dying love for them.
asking for money as well, as their mother was ill or the police
had arrested them unjustly , or a good one, to go to school to further their education to be more equal to their love.

The incredible thing was they had about a 75% success rate.
They proudly showed me the receipt from western union.
Those guys were making out like bandits.
netting several hundreds of dollars a week.

Last edited:

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
Paul

<sub> I hope you got a cut of the take for your help</sub> ;)

Do you think there might be a job opportunity for someone with decent writing skills and a first-hand insight into women? <sub> what could we call it... online marketing to foreign investors?</sub>

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
Absolutly huge oppertunity.
but no need to limit yourself to a womans insight.
The putas were having an equal good business going .but more often to european man.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There you go Robert - A NEW Forum. A list of ALL known or suspected Sanki Pankies, doubling up boyfriends & the Girl-friend equivalents (putas included). Then we could refer all the "Girls" searching for information on their "Loves" (& the men too) to this list to save having to put the same replies up each time ........... On second thoughts, you might not have the space needed to carry all the names!!

Anyone got any good names for this forum?? How about
'Loves lost dream'
'Weekly lovers'
'Hunk Corner'

Did you know the favourite drink ordered for these lovers is called "Suckers Punch"?

Good luck girls - keep checking on your fellas or keep the checks coming!! - Grahame.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The list would be way too big! Not sure if we have that much space on the server?

You gotta hand it to these guys, they know how to work these woman. Everyone has to make a buck $ :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think it is just a sanki/girl thing, I believe it is typical of Dominicans dealing with foreigners. I have a Dominican taking care of our sailboat moored in Samana (I'm now living in Sosua). I pay him a set fee each month. However, hardly a week goes by that I don't get a reversed-charge call from him asking for an advance or a loan, due to his grandmother needing to go to the hospital, or he has to repair his outboard motor, or the Port Commander has impounded his motor, or, or, or. Having lived here long enough to know what is going on, I seldom give him any satisfaction. When I tell him "no", he doesn't take it personally. Rather, the says "ok, no problema".

My point is that the requests the sanki pankis are making are typical of Dominicans with a relationship to a foreigner that they think opens the door to such requests. "It's worth a try" seems to be their attitude. And, as the previous post noted, it often is.

And foreigners are convinced it isn't true that we are richer and stupider than Dominicans.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
You Nailed it Ken!

I was saying the same thing to HB via email this morning!

We've been "hit" on by even the so -called "upper class" almost every single time we've become friends with one of 'em. They always want us to "invest" in something or start a business with them (our capital of course!) to import or export something or.....you get the drift.

I asked HB if it was the "national pass-time"!

See my thread "How not to get taken for a ride in the Dr" and post your suggestions or observtions there!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No shame in asking, sometimes it's the difference between feeling hungry and being feed.

When I see some of the things and ways some Dominicans have scammed foreigners, all I can do is take my hat off to them, some scams are so slick!

If you never want to see a particular Dominican again, loan them money. If you want them around you all the time, borrow a 100 pesos :) I know I'm generalizing, but it's true :)

Talking of generalizing... To all those visitors/ex-pats that are for ever saying, "Stupid Dominican this, stupid Dominican that". How many have brought property without titles? Exchanged money on the street and got swindled? Called back that 809 on your answering machine? Falling for the "my baby is sick" line? etc etc etc...

Sometimes you have to look in the mirror to find out the true definition of stupid! Must be why I spend so much time in the bathroom? :eek:

WhiteWave

Mar 5, 2002
Hmmmm

As usual this topic has created quite a stir in the DR1 forums. I thought we had exhausted it in Cheryl's 70 hit post! Very interesting, however, I must add. You know, I didn't notice much of it in Sosua when I was there, although, to be quite honest I wasn't looking. I did see, however, school girls in their little uniforms coming to have sex for money with an older german fella in my building. And I gave the little shoe shine boys any food I wasn't going to eat off my plate or any extra pesos I had on me. As for the adults who catcalled me or tried to drag me into their shops, it was easy enough to put my foot down. By the 3rd day I wasn't hassled by anyone in town. And, although the friendliness seemed genuine, I certainly took it at face value. Nontheless, Sosua and Cabarete made such an impression on me, I knew I had to give it a shot before the opportunity passes. The point is people are going to try to take advantage of you no matter where you live, it is how you deal with them that matters. For those girls, women, and men who get taken in by sanki's/sankitas etc..it is there own fault and will certainly learn a lesson. Hopefully they will have known about these goings on before they decide to relocate to a less prosperous location then they are accustomed to.
WW (AKA Jen in the DR1 photo gallery)

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
You guys are giving me a complex, all these horror stories about guys getting conned in the Dominican Republic.
In the 12 years I have been going there I've never had a negative experience, my wifes family do not ask me for loans, all they do is invite me to their homes and ply me with large amounts of food and drink,which I gratfully accept.
What is wrong with me? Why I have been singled out for such treatment?, dont they realise that I am a gringo.
In January we went to Samana and stayed with Tutu and Mecho,(my wifes aunt)both lovely people and gracious hosts, it was a wonderful 3 days and nobody tried to sell me land or borrow money,this is really beginning to bother me,guys help me out here is there a cure?.

Terry