Santiago Neighborhood

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood in Santiago, called La Zurza?. is across the street from the monument...............thanks ......DOC.......

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood in Santiago, called La Zurza?. is across the street from the monument...............thanks ......DOC.......

Its a target neighborhood. I steer clear of it, especailly at night.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It means this neighborhood is often targeted by criminals who are out
looking to rob people. Three of the four streets that border this neighborhood
also happen to be major arteries that run in different directions throughout this city.
Way too easy for people to get in and out of in a hurry.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Do you know about the neighborhood directly behind the matum hotel? Dont know the name of it. Thanks ...DOC....
The name is Reparto Rincon Largo, it's a five starts neighborhood.
JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is the Trinitaria which is a very upscale place. It runs from Estrella Sadhal? to the area below the Hotel Matum, from the Ave Monumental to the area in back of the Municipal Palace. Bravo is located on Av. Argentina which almost bisects the area Rincon Largo is adjacent. All nice areas. Further out Av. Argentina is La Esmeralda, Villa Olga and La Moraleja...all pretty nice areas.

HB

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Do you know about the neighborhood directly behind the matum hotel? Dont know the name of it. Thanks ...DOC....

HB knows Santiago. He would be the best person to give you advice about this city.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
In the short time I've been in Santiago the city has changed tremendously, and it's only continuing.

La Esmeralda has some new torres in which apartments go for 150-200k USD, and in La Trinitaria two other torres are beginning construction with apartments that are going to be 300k USD.

Peaceful, tranquil neighborhoods which now have the high end amenities of back home.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Thank you all for the info. Nice areas around the Monument. why the large difference, between buying and renting?.......DOC..........

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That is the Trinitaria which is a very upscale place. It runs from Estrella Sadhal? to the area below the Hotel Matum, from the Ave Monumental to the area in back of the Municipal Palace. Bravo is located on Av. Argentina which almost bisects the area Rincon Largo is adjacent. All nice areas. Further out Av. Argentina is La Esmeralda, Villa Olga and La Moraleja...all pretty nice areas.

HB

Most people born and raised in Santiago have the same miss-confusion about this...The neighbourhood located right behind hotel Matun bordered by this three mayor streets... Av. Argentina, Av. Estrella sadhala and Av. monumental is Reparto Rincon largo. reparto La Trinitaria is located on the other side of Av. Argentina bordered on one side by Av. estrella sadhala and in the other side by Av. Juan Pablo Duarte.
With all due respect...
JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Caco de Buey, Reyna de las flores, Las acasias, Guayacanes, Canafistolas, Tabebuias... Theses are the streets of reparto Rinconlargo.

One of my targeted neighbourhood for pick ups during my 15 years of taxi business in Santiago city.
JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
It means this neighborhood is often targeted by criminals who are out
looking to rob people. Three of the four streets that border this neighborhood
also happen to be major arteries that run in different directions throughout this city.
Way too easy for people to get in and out of in a hurry.

I wish I could afford to buy a house or a least an apartment in this hood. JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
There are two houses on Av. Argentina One belongs to the family Don Eduardo Leon Asencio RIP this one on the side of Reparto Rincon Largo and the other one Don Nicolas Vargas RIP located on the side of Las Trinitarias. Theses are two of the most wealthy family in town.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Two more important families lives in the Trinitaria area, Familia Bermudez and Monsenor Agripino Nunez Collado Cofounder and decano for ever of university Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra.

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I certainly stand corrected. Starting at the traffic light in front of the convent, and following Av. Argentina, what is on the right is Rincon Largo, and what is on the left is La Trinitaria. Good call JJ (say Hi to Paloma!!)

The former house of Eduardo Leon and its 28,000 sq meters of land is now a very exclusive residential area of perhaps a half dozen houses.

The OP asked about the differences between renting and buying.

I do not really know, but I hope some of the smarter folks will chip in on this one.

As I understand it, rents are supposed to be at 1% of house value, but I could be way off.

One thing is that renting a property is a risky business and the rental contracts are wildly in favor of the owners, and I doubt there there is any consumer protection against these things.

HB