Can any one tell me about POP weather today?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Can you access accuweather or noaa weather?

Intermittent rain all day long. Two different businesses I went to were closed for the day, and another said that no one could be expected to work on a day like today, but they were inside selling from their store, and i didn't understand how the rain would effect their business that much.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My wife and I are not there for a couple of weeks and were wondering if POP was hit by Mathew.

The hurricane skirted most of the DR and hit the western part of Haiti. In addition the hurricane was south of the DR, on the Caribbean side and not the Atlantic side and not anywhere the North Coast. You won't find any problems in POP. Remember though there is a lot of rain this time of year.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Intermittent rain all day long. Two different businesses I went to were closed for the day, and another said that no one could be expected to work on a day like today, but they were inside selling from their store, and i didn't understand how the rain would effect their business that much.

Here in the Capital, a lot of businesses, doctors' offices, etc., are closed. Maybe not so much because of conditions in the areas where they're located, but possibly because of where staff live. The sun is out for the first time in 3 days here, which is heartening, to say the least.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Today in POP it will be hot & sunny with clouds and a chance of showers. *Repeat forever.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
thanks everyone for your input. It will be another 2 weeks before we can get back to POP. We watch noaa, accutweather and others but you get a much better idea from folks that are actually in POP. Again, thanks everyone.