How dangerous life can be in the Barrio

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
That's in the barrio, but those kind of animals also get in their 90's Honda Civic and cut you off at any corner in the capital. I've to keep reminding myself to not get irritated in order to stay alive.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
That's in the barrio, but those kind of animals also get in their 90's Honda Civic and cut you off at any corner in the capital. I've to keep reminding myself to not get irritated in order to stay alive.

They need to stop feeding these animals. This was probably a fight over a pack of smokes. How does this happen when the DR has more Generals than all the of the top military powers combined, USA, China, Russia.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Guy bit off more than he could chew. Happens all over the world. Probably a road rage incident gone
bad. Who knows? Maybe dude was driving like an *sshole and ran over someone?s kid.
Has nothing to do with a barrio being anymore dangerous or any less safe.

Feb 7, 2007
I have reviewed the video multiple times and to me it seems the guy that got shot at the end was initially pulling away the guy in the red shirt from the fight, (going down the street shown on the screen, then coming back up, then he walked up the street again behind the car) and then ultimately shoulder-scratched the guy in the red shirt, upon which the guy in the red shirt pulled the gun and shot him.

Th guy that was shot (black guy in white shirt) is not the guy who was being beaten by the mob with the bat initially.

To me, it looks like someone who was trying to diffuse an incident, was ultimately shot by the perp.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
The dude brought a bat to a gun fight and took a few menacing swings while he had a gun pointed at his head. He certainly looks as lethal as the guy with the gun. Not smart and he paid for it.

These neighborhood fights happen all the time, and they also escalate at the drop of a hat. It's best to make yourself scarce or at least find a safe vantage point to watch.

I'm always amazed by the lack of a male population over the age of, say, 35. There are a few, but they definitely don't balance the women of the same age. This may explain some of it.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
To me, it looks like someone who was trying to diffuse an incident, was ultimately shot by the perp.

Hit the settings button and slow it down to .25 speed.

it looks like he was originally trying to diffuse the situation, but he sure came in hot at the end with his own bat.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hit the settings button and slow it down to .25 speed.

it looks like he was originally trying to diffuse the situation, but he sure came in hot at the end with his own bat.

Looks to me as if this guy came out of nowhere and it does look like he has something in his hand, maybe machete?

There is the guy blue shirt, white hat with sunglasses but I don't see the one who got murdered in the video until the very end.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I think you're right that it's a machete.

I think the guy that got murdered was the one that orginally pushed the red shirt perp off the bottom of the screen.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I think you're right that it's a machete.

I think the guy that got murdered was the one that orginally pushed the red shirt perp off the bottom of the screen.

The guy who pushed red shirt away has white shirt and stops at the front of the car. The guy who got murdered comes running down the street from the top of the screen. White shirt guy can be seen just behind the victim.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
After looking at it a bit more closely, you're right.

Actually don't make much difference if you laying on the ground after being shot.

I like what CristoRey said...........Sometimes in life... A good run is better than a bad stand.

or a live chicken is better than a dead hero

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
The guy who pushed red shirt away has white shirt and stops at the front of the car. The guy who got murdered comes running down the street from the top of the screen. White shirt guy can be seen just behind the victim.

You're right. Different shoes.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
The chop to the leg was a technique in the Rwanda genocide to make sure some one would not walk again. Since he fell so fast it was probably a bullet to the head. I can only imagine all the techniques used were gang related, including the shooting downward while skipping over him, that, I never saw or heard of before.