Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scotia Bank vs. Banco Santa Cruz

We will be closing our accounts with Banco Popular in Las Terrenas due to the teller theft we experienced several months ago. (previously posted in this forum)

We plan on opening a new account at Scotia Bank or Banco Santa Cruz, both located in LT. Does anyone have actual first-hand experience with either banking institution?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I banked with Santa Cruz in Sosua. Based on my experience, I would say go anywhere BUT.

3. Likes sosuamatt liked this post
    Dislikes sosuamatt disliked this post
    Brain Donor!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a long relationship with Santa Cruz and I've got to say they're outstanding in all respects.
    I also deal with Scotia bank both here and in Canada, never had an issue.
    With any bank introduce yourself to the manager and treat them with respect.
    Give respect receive respect.
    Last edited by joe; 10-06-2016 at 11:40 PM.

5. Likes JDJones, sosuamatt liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

BSC is the most unprofessional bank DR has, in my opinion. Recently closed my personal and business accounts there.

7. Likes Meemselle liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both. Santa Cruz is much better IMHO.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    I banked with Santa Cruz in Sosua. Based on my experience, I would say go anywhere BUT.

I've been with Cruz for a yr..I FIND NO PROBLEMS?

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Scotiabank customer and used the LT branch for 18 months and found them helpful and attentive and short queues.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I know BSC and have had good relationship with them, Scotiabank is also good and professional but to my liking very expensive (do they still charge for transfers between own accounts using Internet banking???)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have B.S.C. and I am very happy there for 8 years now. I had an experience similar to your but the opposite happened. I made a large deposit of new hundreds, I was talking to a friend , and didn't realize I was shorted $100. on a transaction. The teller closed her drawer , called a supervisor and counted down her bank. I was given my #100. I wasn't even out the door before all this happened.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using Scotiabank in Punta Cana for over 5 years and so far happy with the service. The customer service girls and the cashier supervisor have been there for years and are very pleasant and helpful. Several months ago Scotia finally got connected via ACH to the other banks on the network so now much easier to do transfers (used to have to fill out a form). Still a few banks that aren't on it but the main ones are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast