Child Abduction

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
There was a spontaneous party on the street last night. My girlfriend went out early to check on the business and came back with news that a child is missing. According to her that makes two within a stone's throw from my house and 11 total this year for the barrio. She says they sell the children. I asked why they would want them. She said for their hearts, kidneys, etc. Organ transplants.

It all sounds unbelievably grim to me. Could it possibly be true?

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
There was a spontaneous party on the street last night. My girlfriend went out early to check on the business and came back with news that a child is missing. According to her that makes two within a stone's throw from my house and 11 total this year for the barrio. She says they sell the children. I asked why they would want them. She said for their hearts, kidneys, etc. Organ transplants.

It all sounds unbelievably grim to me. Could it possibly be true?

Here is a post from 2012 http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/123508-Children-are-being-murdered-here-for-their-organs

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I have heard several reports of children being abducted for their organs here on the north coast in Cabarete and Sabaneta - I've even seen a picture of an alleged perpetrator on Facebook, but as these stories are never reported in the news, only by word-of-mouth, I assume they are urban myths.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Ok this is something I would like to know alao. My girlfriend has told me the same thing here in naveraty 3 were taken from the school near by.*
Aparently thy were found in Bonow.*

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
There are a lot of this stuff trending on Facebook recently, I also heard from a few people, they even say it happened in La Union - it is not as many as they claim but I wouldn't be surprise if there has been at least one or two to bring this about. Also this happens in other parts of the world were there are many poor people and the perpetrators think they are easy marks (in some other countries they sometime sell their kids !).

But It would be good to have some proper news report about it to make it fact rather than hearsay. Please post if you find any...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
A year or too back there was panic about chipd abduction in my campo.
Word on the street said 2 kids had disappeared on their way back from school. To be sold for organs, etc.....
Collective hysteria followed.
School asked parents to come foward, no one did. One can only assume if ure child vanished, one would raise hell, no ?
School director assembled the kids and told them it was*not true.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Ok this is something I would like to know alao. My girlfriend has told me the same thing here in naveraty 3 were taken from the school near by.*
Aparently thy were found in Bonow.*

Thats strange mi girl fren has told me same thing, small children abducted on way home from school in santiago. Then she said for their organs??

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The DR is in the throes of mass hysteria about this, especially since the case of little Carla Massiel whose body was recently discovered one year after her disappearance. The prime suspect, a known paedophile, is the one who has been claiming that the abduction was for organ theft or similar sinister motives, like "a strange experiment", as a way of deflecting from his own guilt. And uneducated people especially are happy to believe anything.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They can't even keep chicken meat fresh long enough, so how they would do that with organs? What a nonsense...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They can't even keep chicken meat fresh long enough, so how they would do that with organs? What a nonsense...

100% agreed. This is total bs. 11 children disappearing from anywhere on this planet,
be it a Dominican barrio or a rice patty field somewhere in the middle of south east asia,
is going to make international headlines across the globe.

Aug 21, 2007
Not sure of it's authenticity but these reports of abducted children seem to be very active among local Dominicans this year. I am hearing it repeated often by locals in various settings. Does anyone have any facts on the accuracy of the abduction reports? Post in local news papers, conformation by the families of any of the disappeared, police actions on the cases? Would be curious to know if this is just urban myth or reality. Of course could be something in between.

I work with the uneducated sector here. I would believe the family members reporting these events cannot read. Thus, this information is passed on by word of mouth like the game "Whisper Down the Alley." They are repeating a story that, originally, was based on truth, but through the numerous retellings, has become much more than it originally was.

Think about it. What do Dominicans do when they see a car accident? What do they do when there is a news report of a murder or some other gory event? What do they do if some injustice has been served? They run, look, see, and tell.

All that is happening here is the telling, originally based on factual information, but in the countless retellings, has taken on a life of its own. They never saw and do not know for sure about what they are reporting.

Just my take.

Lindsey

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
"What do Dominicans do when they see a car accident"?

Lindsey,

I think they usually see if someone is hurt enough so that they can steal whatever valuables are around. Do you remember when that guy crashed a helicopter into a house (I think the capitol) and they had video of one of the guys that was supposedly helping him but the video showed him reaching into the hurt pilot's pocket and taking out his wallet or money. I do remember that thanks to the video the ladron was arrested.