medical certificate for temporary residency?

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
I am confused about the medical certificate for the temporary residency. Is it simply a letter on my primary physician's letterhead and signed by him saying I am free from any contagious disease and in generally good health? Does it need to be translated into Spanish and apostilled?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Hi, yes it is just a general state you do not have any contigious des. With the translation and etc..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I believe you need two medicals. The first is performed by your physician in your home country resulting in a letter stating your general health is good and you have no communicable diseases. If you have not had a TB test recently, ask your physician to conduct one. Being TB free is one of the things the DR is looking for. This letter is submitted along with the other forms to the consulate to receive your visa allowing you to apply for residency in the the DR. The letter does need to be translated into Spanish either by the consulate or the entity that is translating your other visa paperwork.*

The second medical is scheduled by immigration here in the DR when your residency application progresses to the stage of the process where all other conditions have been met and you are about to receive your residency approval. At this stage, you must use the clinic specified by immigration and the test includes a chest x-ray and a urine drug test.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
In England I just had a letter from my doctor which was two sentences long saying how long I had been a patient and that I was in good health and on no regular medication. Certainly nothing about TB, for which I have never been tested as far as I can remember. I did not have it translated - just submitted it to the embassy with the other docs.

These things vary from country to country it seems, so best to ask the embassy in question.

Jan 7, 2016
As I recall, I had did not have a statement from my Physician in the U.S., but took a "physical" when getting the residency which consisted of a couple of blood tests and a chest x-ray with a machine that was built in 1923 at the offficial Physical examining facility of the DGII in Santo Domingo. Oh, also a urine drug screen was done, too...passed everything with flying-colors and got the Residency without a hitch. Of course, I had the assistance of Guzman-Ariza, too!