Motorbike Parts

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I just bought a brand new Loncin LX150. I live in Santiago and I need a rear box. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have seen a couple of people with them so there must be a supplier round here. The Loncin people don't supply anything.

Thx

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There is almost no support for Chinese scooters. None. Zero. That's why we got rid of my girlfriend's scooter. we couldn't even find a replacement sear for her Chinese scooter. That drove me crazy!

We bought a Yamaha BWS 125 (known as Zuma in the USA) . At least with the Yamaha, i can find and order any part i want from Amazon, Ebay, BikeParts.com, and hundreds of other internet sites and have it in the DR in 5 or 6 days. Yes, the Yamaha cost almost 3 times more, but i cannot stand the idea of owning a vehicle and not being able to get a part for it from anywhere!!

My girlfriend and I went to every dealership that carried her Chinese scooter and not one of them in was able to order a seat for it, nor direct us to any place where we could order the seat. I spent hours and hours driving to Santo Domingo, Santiago, and scouring the internet. Could not find a replacement seat. So i put a rocking chair in its place and drove it around like the Beverly Hillbillies.

Frank

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hi guys,

I just bought a brand new Loncin LX150. I live in Santiago and I need a rear box. Does anyone know where I can find one? I have seen a couple of people with them so there must be a supplier round here. The Loncin people don't supply anything.

Thx
JC Whitney has tail boxes with universal mounts. Some modification may be required, something you could do yourself most likely.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I got fed up tightening up my old cg125 chinese clone every week. I heard that the Loncin motorbikes are well made and I got a good price I think - 56.5k and it is just up the road from here. I could buy replacement parts very cheaply and the old honda clones are easy to work on but I finish work at 11 every night so I wanted something that would get me home when it was wet.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I got fed up tightening up my old cg125 chinese clone every week. I heard that the Loncin motorbikes are well made and I got a good price I think - 56.5k and it is just up the road from here. I could buy replacement parts very cheaply and the old honda clones are easy to work on but I finish work at 11 every night so I wanted something that would get me home when it was wet.
Easy fix: when "tightening," take the nut/bolt out and put a spot of Loc-Tite red, then re-tighten.

I'd also suggest proper torque tightening speck. If bolts are tightened differently some movement can cause them to get loose.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Hi guys,

Thx

I used to have a Loncin and a friend has one now with a rear box. He found his at a respuesto and I found many, but not all, parts at respuestos. You'll have to search around, and it's somewhat a matter of luck, but look for the biggest moto respuestos you can find. Some of them have quite a wide assortment of parts for Chinese bikes. Suerte!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I am surprised you struggle finding Chinese bike's spares here, unless it is a model not common in DR, that is the only advantage the likes of Loncin, JMD, Gato and so on have here (same for Indian TVS). You can just about find the parts anywhere and almost any kid on the block can fix them.

My friend bought a tail box in Puerto Plata for 1000p in about 10 minutes, he asked around a few places and got direction and went to the place and got it quickly.