Swimming hole location south of Sosua

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Somewhere about 5 or 10 miles South of South-west of Sosua, along one of the dirt trails running down from Bella Vista road, is a large swimming hole that normally has a small waterfall with crude steps going up towards it, where people can jump off. There is also a cable running across the pond, where you can slide down it like a crude zip line. The pond is about 100 x 50 yards/meters.

Does anybody have its exact coordinates or could send me a google-maps location? I am trying to find it for my next ATV trip and last time I got lost in those back trails.

Thanks.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
It's about 5 or 6 miles in (guesstimate). Look for a small Haitian church on the right(if you go Sunday it's easy to spot) turn right, cross a small creek and it's right there, a hundred or so yards in. If you start going up the long hill on the main road, you've gone too far.

Last time I was there more than a year ago it was pretty trashed. Worth a quick detour though. Sorry I'm not more specific on directions.
The swimming hole is not very large. When I was there a cable wasn't installed, but it's been a while.

Last edited:

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i dont know the directions but a guy took me to a small water fall some were in the area but the water was cold its right in a small village and i been to a river pool area with a rock platform where people jump off of and theres a little store next to it where people have there beer im wondering if thats the area your talking about

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
i dont know the directions but a guy took me to a small water fall some were in the area but the water was cold its right in a small village and i been to a river pool area with a rock platform where people jump off of and theres a little store next to it where people have there beer im wondering if thats the area your talking about

Didn't see a village nor a store there. You had to go down about 30 steps to get there and the waterfall sometimes has no water. There is a ladder on the other side where you can climb up to jump down, next to the waterfall if its running. From there is also a cable that people use to slide down and jump off. The whole area is maybe 80 x 40 yards but I could be off, its been a few years that I was there.