Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "Tasador" for cars?

Hi,
    I would like to figure out the (Dominican market) value to date of my car in Santo Domingo. How / where can I get that done?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to figure out the (Dominican market) value to date of my car in Santo Domingo. How / where can I get that done?
    Mike:

There is no accepted way to value your car in the DR.

Two methods I use are;

1. Go to Supercarros and find like vehicles for sale. Throw out the high and low, then average the rest, and take 10% off of that; or

2. Go to NADA.com find your vehicle's retail value then increase that price by 35%.

Neither are perfect.....just guidelines.

More importantly, your specific vehicle's value is only what a willing buyer will pay at the time......and may be impacted by such factors as gas/diesel, color, number of cylinders, upgrades, maintenance history, etc.

While it is not a fully sophisticated/developed market, buyer's there are far more knowledgeable than ever.....many asking for carfax or autocheck reports, regularly looking to acsertain any repaired body damage, records, etc.

Color is extremely important. White and black sell best, followed by silver. That having been said, I see more and more Orange Hyundai's....popular with jevito's I guess.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    Mike:

There is no accepted way to value your car in the DR.

Two methods I use are;

1. Go to Supercarros and find like vehicles for sale. Throw out the high and low, then average the rest, and take 10% off of that; or

2. Go to NADA.com find your vehicle's retail value then increase that price by 35%.

Neither are perfect.....just guidelines.

More importantly, your specific vehicle's value is only what a willing buyer will pay at the time......and may be impacted by such factors as gas/diesel, color, number of cylinders, upgrades, maintenance history, etc.

While it is not a fully sophisticated/developed market, buyer's there are far more knowledgeable than ever.....many asking for carfax or autocheck reports, regularly looking to acsertain any repaired body damage, records, etc.

Color is extremely important. White and black sell best, followed by silver. That having been said, I see more and more Orange Hyundai's....popular with jevito's I guess.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    those orange Hyundais are the imported ex taxicabs. that is the taxi color in Korea, i am told.

4. Likes caribmike, rubio_higuey liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, my Tucson 2014 Limited is black. Hope I'll find one to compare on supercarros. Thanks.

The orange ones are sedans right? Many of them are taxis.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This page will give you the government listed value of your car, it has no reflection on the market value. *However this is what is used to calculate what the traspaso (transfer tax) will be.

http://www.dgii.gov.do/ciudadania/ve...sLivianos.aspx

7. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My exact version is not listed there, closest has a value in the chart of around 808,000 DOP / some 17,000 USD.

Supercarros:

http://www.supercarros.com/carros/cu...14&YearTo=2014

all from 17K to 22K for the basic ones. There is one Limited for 25,5K which is a bit on the high side me thinks. New my version would have been 37,800 USD in 2014.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Orang is the new black. Good advice from PC on the pricing. CARFAX anything used if possible.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, my Tucson 2014 Limited is black. Hope I'll find one to compare on supercarros. Thanks.

the orange ones are all ex taxis.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike:

I gather it is size/styling you are seeking.....because, given the option between the X5 and the Jeep Grand Cherokee, I would keep your Tucson....unless the thing has been hit by a freight train and is experiencing other issues like doglegging, etc.

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Also rember gring price 10% more to buy and 10% less if you are selling.*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast