DNCD action

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
29 October 2016 would not have been a good day to leave Santiago for the USA if you were transporting drugs subject to government-imposed bans.

Goons from the Direcci?n Nacional de Control de Drogas (DNCD) were searching some outbound suitcases and had a dog sniffing carry-ons. I haven't seen this before but I suspect, like truck scales, it is a random thing.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
is any day a good day to transport drugs ?.....hopefully they will have the dogs sniffing every day and catch a few more of the scum who transport drugs

Sep 4, 2012
is any day a good day to transport drugs ?.....hopefully they will have the dogs sniffing every day and catch a few more of the scum who transport drugs

Pennies on the dollars compared with the drug shipped out through the ports. That's the one that makes the money.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I raise my proper 20 ounce pint of Guinness to you sir. Finer words could not be said.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
"transporting drugs subject to government-imposed bans"
I'm still trying to figure out what year you think it is?

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
29 October 2016 would not have been a good day to leave Santiago for the USA if you were transporting drugs subject to government-imposed bans.

Goons from the Direcci?n Nacional de Control de Drogas (DNCD) were searching some outbound suitcases and had a dog sniffing carry-ons. I haven't seen this before but I suspect, like truck scales, it is a random thing.
For Somebody Smart, you sure sound a bit different.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Believe it or not, there are some people here that think the Filipino president is 100% correct in how he's handling his drug problem. I'm one of them.

and I'm with you on this sanpedro....maybe d.r. could send some target practice to the president

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Believe it or not, there are some people here that think the Filipino president is 100% correct in how he's handling his drug problem. I'm one of them.
I for one, will never be in favor of government sanctioned murder.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The war on drugs is a waste of time, money, lives, causes massive corruption and is counterproductive at almost every step. *It will never be won.*

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Too much money to be made for drugs to be done away with in the DR. All they are trying to do is control it or limit it to certain sectors which then gives you the impression that they are hard at work fighting the good fight.

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
When they inspected my suitcase, and noticed a book I've already mentioned in these forums, Las 500 dudas m?s frecuentes en espa?ol, I caught him crossing the line between inspecting (for a book hollowed out to hide drugs in) to browsing. I politely invited him, ?Si le gusta ese libro, anote el t?tulo y compre una copia.?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
...whatever they want that does not violate anybody's rights.

Exactly. *The war on drugs is insane. *The same thing is done over and over, expecting an improvement, while getting none. That is the definition of insanity. *Legalize, regulate and tax the drugs and take all this power out of the hands of criminals.*

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
The war on drugs is a waste of time, money, lives, causes massive corruption and is counterproductive at almost every step. *It will never be won.*

The War on Drugs is a war on junkies nobody ever cared about. All his life, Johnny Junkie only had people punishing and controlling him, “Brush your teeth! Do your homework! Don't drink that! Don't smoke that!” but they never cared when he couldn't find a job or get a date. When he uses drugs, they welcome the excuse to control him, so they delegate caring to a government, which is incapable of caring. They tell the government to hire gun-toting goons in bulletproof vests to intimidate Johnny into living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. They show their true colours when he resists arrest, borrowing the cop's gun to settle the matter out of court. Now they openly hate him so much that they want him to die of a Sodium Pentothal overdose. They fail to leave open a way to provoke them exactly enough that they simply throw up their hands in frustration and give up on trying to protect him from himself.