transport strike, monday 31st of october

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Is it going to be another happy day without conchos on the road? Wish they were on strike every day of the year!

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Fenatrano is everything, they are God, didn't you know? ---- Well, at least that is what they believe... :D

Yeah, I know. *I was just hoping there was a chance it was just the truckers. *They have already raised the bus prices, so what's the fkg problem? *It's only the truckers that seem to have a problem. *Theiir problems extend much beyond the fuel subsidy, there is a serious effort now to break their hold on transportation of goods. *This is serious business - they should concentrate on that - and realize the fuel siubsidy is gone. *For good reason.

The thing is we have to arrange for taxis tomorrow if the buses aren't running. *We have good taxistas we kmow who will take us where we need to go, huelga or no. *These are good people. *But, I always think I have to arrange it in advance.

Also, one time I remember they announced the damn strike and called it off the day it was supposed to happen.

Just one more minor aggravation here.

And, I have to assume when they say in the "south" is the strike, that includes La Romana. *And, not Punta Cana.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I am not sure. So far i heard it will only be in cities not the overland buses. Who knows...

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
We are going to ask our taxista friend soon. *He will probably know.

The real bs seems to be in Santo Domingo.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo

You are good. *Thanks for staying with this - and finding this update.

Our taxi driver here in La Romana earlier than this El Caribe story came out said he did not know of a huelga here. *The second person we asked said he did not know, but would call back in 10 minutes. *Jjj. *The third person in Punta Cana said he knew nothing, but of course, that is the east and was not be affected. *And just now, as we were coming back from dinner, we slowed for a bus, I jumped out asked the driver, and he said no. *So, looks legit. *No huelga. *(But, it also seems that they don't consider La Romana the south, so they strike would not have affected this area anyway, I guess - the consenus seems to be Santo Domingo area is the south - not this area. *Still learning...)