Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Car rentals at SDQ.

    Is there anywhere near the airport that I can rent a car without a credit card or massive deposit?

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Burgos View Post
    Is there anywhere near the airport that I can rent a car without a credit card or massive deposit?
    Well I sugest you better try to rent the card with credit card and put all insurance, that covers everything, that just in case something happend you just have to make a report in the police and problem solved. Make sure they dont miss any insurance.

  3. Likes Alex Burgos liked this post
  4. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Well I sugest you better try to rent the card with credit card and put all insurance, that covers everything, that just in case something happend you just have to make a report in the police and problem solved. Make sure they dont miss any insurance.
    I don't have a credit card, that is the problem.

  5. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Burgos View Post
    I don't have a credit card, that is the problem.
    Well I think maybe is better that you dont rent a car, all I can see in the places you are looking for is PROBLEMS, starting with that usually they keep your passport, (Not good), if you have any accident Im sure you will pay much more.

  6. Likes Alex Burgos, irishpaddy liked this post
  7. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    Well I think maybe is better that you dont rent a car, all I can see in the places you are looking for is PROBLEMS, starting with that usually they keep your passport, (Not good), if you have any accident Im sure you will pay much more.
    How about hiring someone to drive me around for a day?

  8. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    alex I t hink that is a much better idea than hiring a car without a credit card ...and I would never give my passport to anyone to keep as security

  9. Likes Alex Burgos liked this post
  10. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishpaddy View Post
    alex I t hink that is a much better idea than hiring a car without a credit card ...and I would never give my passport to anyone to keep as security
    Any idea what I should pay someone for the day and how I would go about finding someone?

  11. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Burgos View Post
    Any idea what I should pay someone for the day and how I would go about finding someone?
    You can make a deal with a taxi driver, that is better options and rent a car outside of the airport.

  12. Likes Alex Burgos liked this post
  13. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Burgos View Post
    Any idea what I should pay someone for the day and how I would go about finding someone?
    $1000 rd/day is a fair rate.You might find an Uber driver willing to hire for the day. I've had a friend of a friend drive me for $250 rd/hr, including waiting time, and it's worked out well. But he's no longer driving, so I need a replacement next time I go to SD.

  14. Likes Alex Burgos liked this post
  15. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks everyone! I will look for a driver once I get there. I don't want the headache of a rental, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •