Car rentals at SDQ.

Alex Burgos

Jun 4, 2016
Is there anywhere near the airport that I can rent a car without a credit card or massive deposit?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Is there anywhere near the airport that I can rent a car without a credit card or massive deposit?

Well I sugest you better try to rent the card with credit card and put all insurance, that covers everything, that just in case something happend you just have to make a report in the police and problem solved. Make sure they dont miss any insurance.

Alex Burgos

Jun 4, 2016
Well I sugest you better try to rent the card with credit card and put all insurance, that covers everything, that just in case something happend you just have to make a report in the police and problem solved. Make sure they dont miss any insurance.

I don't have a credit card, that is the problem.

Alex Burgos

Jun 4, 2016
Well I think maybe is better that you dont rent a car, all I can see in the places you are looking for is PROBLEMS, starting with that usually they keep your passport, (Not good), if you have any accident Im sure you will pay much more.

How about hiring someone to drive me around for a day?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
alex I t hink that is a much better idea than hiring a car without a credit card ...and I would never give my passport to anyone to keep as security

Alex Burgos

Jun 4, 2016
alex I t hink that is a much better idea than hiring a car without a credit card ...and I would never give my passport to anyone to keep as security

Any idea what I should pay someone for the day and how I would go about finding someone?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Any idea what I should pay someone for the day and how I would go about finding someone?

$1000 rd/day is a fair rate.You might find an Uber driver willing to hire for the day. I've had a friend of a friend drive me for $250 rd/hr, including waiting time, and it's worked out well. But he's no longer driving, so I need a replacement next time I go to SD.

Alex Burgos

Jun 4, 2016
Thanks everyone! I will look for a driver once I get there. I don't want the headache of a rental, lol.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006

I don't know of anyplace near this planet where a stranger can do that. Hiring someone or just calling a taxi when you need one will work. There are a lot of variables like your daily budget, how is your Spanish, how much luggage do you have, what time of day will you arrive at the airport, etc.

$1000 rd/day is a fair rate.You might find an Uber driver willing to hire for the day. I've had a friend of a friend drive me for $250 rd/hr, including waiting time, and it's worked out well. But he's no longer driving, so I need a replacement next time I go to SD.

I'd consider $1000 DOP just to get into Santo Domingo from the airport a fair rate if you can get it. Once you get into town the farthest taxi ride from one end of town to the other is about $250 - $300 DOP. Less for shorter rides. $250 DOP an hour sounds like it might be doable, but that's about $2000 for a short day of driving around that town.