Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Post Office?

I had a package sent by Royal Mail and
    have a tracking number and have been
    told it is in country and to check with the post office.
    Is there a post office in Sosua and where is it located/hours?
    I sent an email to Inposdom but not even sure it's related.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On Globaltrackandtrace it shows enroute. Maybe I will still see this. Inposdum seems to be the right service.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

In the small plaza where Edenorte is located on the right coming from Cabarete before the first traffic light . Good luck. Many have tried and failed to use INPOSDOM for receiving packages.

4. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The postal service here in the DR is a total joke. The last letter mailed to me took 3 months to arrive in Sosua - 2 months and 3 weeks after it was marked "received in Sto. Dom. When I went there to look for the letter they gave me a big cardboard box full of mail and I got to pick through a couple hundred letters looking for it. Many letters that have been sent to friends never arrive. Maybe packages are handled differently than letters, but Dominican friends here have told me to never send anything here in a package by regular mail.. Good luck!

6. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

HINT: Privately owned shipping companies like EPS, AreoPaq and Encargo Paq do really well down here for a reason.

8. Likes anng3, Meemselle, Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    In the small plaza where Edenorte is located on the right coming from Cabarete before the first traffic light . Good luck. Many have tried and failed to use INPOSDOM for receiving packages.

I did a search on dr1 and I think someone said this office closed? Anyone been recently? May go there anyways just to check. For some reason I thought it might be by the mayors office by Super super.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago when I lived in Sosua I received mail from the US. For instance I received credit card renewals. The envelope I received, but the card inside was gone. Once I received a packed of checks. Everything seemed to be in order until sometimes later $10,000 was missing from my US bank account. Turns out someone ripped out a check from the middle of a booklet
    and made out a check to themselves. My then Dominican wife was more reasonable. On the eve of a visit to her sister
    in the US she made out a check for $8000 which she deposited in her sister's bank account in the US.

In the interest of full disclosure I must state that ultimately I recovered all of my funds which took considerable time and effort, which could have been spent more productively.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge it is still in the corner of the small plaza where Edenorte is located.
    There is no delivery, you will have to go there and claim it.
    If and when you do, please let us know if it is still there. If not, let us know where it has moved to.
    Thanks,
    Mack.

12. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    To my knowledge it is still in the corner of the small plaza where Edenorte is located.
    There is no delivery, you will have to go there and claim it.
    If and when you do, please let us know if it is still there. If not, let us know where it has moved to.
    Thanks,
    Mack.

I'm going to go there tomorrow morning unless*
    it's raining hard. Will report back on how it went.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Think how absurd it is. Almost 250 years ago, Ben Franklin established a postal system to deliver mail between the 13 colonies. 150 years ago, Pony Express was formed and mail was carried westward from the Mississippi on horseback and able to be delivered 2500 miles from the east coast to the pacific coast in 10 days. Today, the DR still hasn't been able to put together a functional postal system.
    Last edited by cavok; 11-04-2016 at 12:17 AM.

15. Likes Meemselle liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast