Something good and something inexpensive

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hello dear fellow DR-1ers.

Last night we were out walking to our dinner at the low-class Mexican place across the park for some cheap Chimichanga and fried meat to go with ice-cold Presidente (Normal) to be eaten under the trees and stars.

It was sooo good. Then on the way back, we stopped at the relatively new CREPE HOUSE on Calle 13, just off of Av. Metropolitana. Tel: 809-382 3291. We had two delicious crepes that were worth every penny of the RD$200 or so pesos each....mmmm good. So go there.

The other place I found this week is called "Kike's" and is located on Calle Constanza #34, Tel 809 626 1256. They have delivery. They offer a Meal of the Day for RD$99.00. a d Soups of the Day which vary from Caldo Gallego, to Sancocho. AND they also have typical Dominican breakfasts for RD$50 and RD$70......So for those in the area of Los Jardines Metropolitanos and vicinity, we have yet another option or two for our tummies to enjoy.

Be well

HB..

Feb 7, 2007
HB, can you please post name and address (and eventually phone) of the Mexican place? Even though I may not necessarily visit ST soon, I will add it to my list of Mexican restaurants in the DR. I love Mexican cuisine. I love it so much that I even started preparing some Mexican dishes myself. And my daughter started to get taste for Mexican food as well couple of years back. Still have to work on her taste buds to accept anything stronger than salsa picante basica, though.

What is their menu like? Large portions? Price/value ratio? How many stars would you give them?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One of my Neighbours is know as Kike and I doubt it is derogatory in origin. Dominicans have the strangest names like Steal, Hitler, Kadafi.....etc.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I know, I know, I know how it's pronounced in Spanish, but when I saw it written, it sort of snapped my head back for a minute.

Ok that explains it...my English centric brain. So it is pronounced keykay?
This has been bugging me since yesterday, but I just saw your post Meems.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Kike, which is usually spelt Quique - because there is no K in Spanish - is a common abbreviation of Enrique. It is pronounced Key-kay.