Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tarjeta turistica at las americas airport

Guys need help, "estoy perdida".... where to buy the TARJETA Turistica at SD Airport? The price is still 10USD? Thanks a lot

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not buy it online before you leave? Just print it out after you've paid, and saves you from waiting in what can sometimes be a long line.

http://www.dgii.gov.do/tarjetaTurist...s/default.aspx

If you prefer to buy at the airport, you can buy right before the immigration line, next to the money exchange.

3. Likes Hector L, Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

buy it online ...saves a lot of time

5. Likes Hector L liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

AT SDQ it is not really necessary to buy it before hand. Two lines move very fast, I never wait more than a moment or two.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

All 3 airports the $10 line takes less than a few minutes

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Jay, mostly.
    My experiences: SDQ and POP no difference, lines move fast; STI and PUJ and LRM buy ahead.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why you would take a chance on the lines when you can get it on line. I agree that "usually" it takes only a few minutes but I have hit it several times in the past (before I knew about buying it on-line) where several flights arrived at the same time and it took 20 minutes just to get the tourist card.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

In mid October I arrived at DSQ airport, and I had to buy a tarjeta because my printer at home did not work. There is a machine next to the window where they are selling tarjetas, and a guy next to the machine. The machine only takes $10 US bills, apparently. It will not give change. I asked the guy who was there to make change and he tells me "Se me acabó." Why cannot they get a machine to make change? Why cannot the guy who makes change abandon his useless post and ask the people next to him to give him change? Why make several dozen people wait for no good reason?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on the flight arrival times. When they are on schedule, the normal pattern mentioned here happens. A bad combination of delays or early arrivals, however, can cause a hellish back up.

Quote Originally Posted by RV429 View Post
    I agree Jay, mostly.
    My experiences: SDQ and POP no difference, lines move fast; STI and PUJ and LRM buy ahead.