Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
heading into Puerto Plata from the West side
fjlzzt.jpg

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
The Caribe Tours Bus up from Santo Domingo is only going to Santiago.

Is they any road open to get from Santiago to Sosua? ? ?

Aug 21, 2007
The Caribe Tours Bus up from Santo Domingo is only going to Santiago.

Is they any road open to get from Santiago to Sosua? ? ?

I don't know of the other side of the mountain, but I just returned from Jamao. Roads are flooded in places. In front of SeaHorse Ranch, was caught in a traffic jam for 45 minutes, as the road was flooded with about 4 feet of water. It receded a little, and as cars maneuvered the jam, eventually we could creep through. That water was up to almost the top of my car door.

But, I imagine a high vehicle could make it the entire way going through La Cumbre to Sabaneta.

Lindsey

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Right now I'm just thankful that we're just currently out of the country...

We used to pass by this traffic light pretty frequently, and the water coming up there is not exactly that clean...

My wife was just speaking on the phone with her sister, who has a small business, and the whole shop is just full of water... Thankfully their house has three floors, and they themselves live on the third one...

Filthy water all around, it will not be properly directed, then mosquitos and whatnot...

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I don't know of the other side of the mountain, but I just returned from Jamao. Roads are flooded in places. In front of SeaHorse Ranch, was caught in a traffic jam for 45 minutes, as the road was flooded with about 4 feet of water. It receded a little, and as cars maneuvered the jam, eventually we could creep through. That water was up to almost the top of my car door.

But, I imagine a high vehicle could make it the entire way going through La Cumbre to Sabaneta.

Lindsey

I'd find a hotel and sit tight. Water drains fast here and things will open up again.

And, you definitely don't want to try 25 through Tubagua in this weather.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
The road from SeaHorse Ranch to Sosua is closed. Long long back-up now. So I went to Cabarete, all clear. Plan if your going out ....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Everytime I see the rain pictures I *am happy living up the hill. Just plain undeserved good luck. Much as I would like to live near SUPER SUPER Liquors in Sosua it's just too floody. At least it does reduce the dust. Trying to look for the good.

Aug 21, 2007
There is no such thing as catastrophic rains. There is a catastrophic lack of drainage. There is a catastrophic lack of common sense, why build their slums in places that get flooded after each rain every week?

There are many countries in the world with more rains than here with no problem at all.

Harsh.

Lindsey

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Expect a very wet season. It's a La Nina year......batten down the hatches!