Road from Moca to Sabaneta de Yasica

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Has anyone traveled the mountain road to Moca from Sabaneta de Yasica lately, the last few days? That road has always had some issues in a few places, and I'm wondering how the rain has affected it recently.

I've got a major motorcyling magazine coming down next week to do an article.

Aug 21, 2007
Returned on that road yesterday about 6 pm, and today traveled from Sosua to Jamao and back. It was okay yesterday, no problems. Today, there is light flooding on the road and a bad flood in front of SeaHorse Ranch.

Lindsey

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Has anyone traveled the mountain road to Moca from Sabaneta de Yasica lately, the last few days? That road has always had some issues in a few places, and I'm wondering how the rain has affected it recently.

I've got a major motorcyling magazine coming down next week to do an article.

I came back that way on Saturday and road was ok, was in a normal car. There are a few holes you have to watch out for but overall was not too bad. *Not sure what it would be like after the rain today.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Traveled it at 4pm.
Other than a downed tree, quickly removed, no problems.

Solid rain.
North coast road to Cabrera may be problematic, torrential rains.
Too early to tell.

Motorcycles should be OK*

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Traveled it at 4pm.
Other than a downed tree, quickly removed, no problems.

Solid rain.
North coast road to Cabrera may be problematic, torrential rains.
Too early to tell.

Motorcycles should be OK*
We'll be coming through next week...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I live in Sabaneta de Yasica, on a little street at the corner of the Moca Road near the propane station and the road is travelled as usual. We had a lot of rain but in my area, no flood.... So far so good...