Spanish Language Schools on North Coast

SummerRain

Feb 23, 2002
I am interested in studying Spanish in the DR. Can anyone recommend a school on the North Coast. I would prefer a school located in a populated area and a family community.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Best off goint to Santiago, and attending the University's Spanish for Foreigners or the course offered by the Dominico-
Americano.

There are probably some Spanish Tutors available on the North Shore. Maybe Grahame can help you.

Sorry, but nothing more comes to mind right now...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is an excellent school in Sosua. It offers immersion courses as well as private lessons. Many of its students come from Canada and Europe to take its courses. There are some dormitory facilities for such students. Students opting for one of the immersion courses are given a proficiency test to see which group they belong in. It is well worth investigating if you will be on the north coast.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Puerto Plata has several schools/evening classes for people who want to learn Spanish. I can personally recommend a Newfoundlander called LindaSue Chambers. She tutours Englaish in the hotels & will do private lessons for those wanting to learn Spanish.
This girl isn't rich, so she can't charge very much either!!! Try her e-mail at lschambers@hotmail.com or get back to me for further information &/or introduction.
Good luck - Grahame.