All this rain

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've been up since 4am. It was raining so hard that neither the dogs nor I could remain asleep.

Is all the water over the last couple of weeks causing anyone any serious issues? I have some soil erosion along the northern part of my property where the runoff looks and sounds like Niagara Falls. I will probably have to get a truckload of dirt and some rock to fill what is now about a 1 foot deep channel parallel and next to my fence.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are certainly not alone in this. There are tens of thousands of people and housing by the thousands that have been harmed or destroyed or displaced.

The photos of some of my former students in Gaspar Hernandes, Sos?a, Puerto Plata, Luper?n and Y?sica are showing flooding of houses on higher ground and major erosion. The situation is pretty much the same in most of the country.

Yeah, yesterday at 6:00 a.m. I was really not much for going outside and walking the dogs...However, today duty calls..

Try and stay dry. This is not over by a long shot.

HB, here is a very wet and rainy Santiago..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
wet as can be here in Cabrera.

Steady for over 2 weeks now... a few days off and then starts again.

Major street flooding in Rio San Juan and Cabrera

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
In my 8 and a bit years here we have never seen this much rain over such a long period of time in the Bavaro area.
If this keeps up I may have to build an ark.*

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Edenorte's fragile power system made of sugar instead of metal melts in these conditions.

Many people living in lower areas have flooded homes. Water was running in the streets of Puerto Plata like a river, etc, etc. The main highway was flooded by Sea Horse Ranch. Flooding in Sabaneta and Gaspar Hernandez as well.