looking for an American real estate agent in Sosua

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
Are there any recommendations? Would like to find a good American agent in a large firm who has a good reputation.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Are there any recommendations? Would like to find a good American agent in a large firm who has a good reputation.

Wondering why you would limit yourself to an American agent? There are large reputable companies on the north coast with realtors that communicate in two or more languages. There are Canadian, English, Italian, German, Russian agents and investors, to name a few, involved in real estate on the north coast.
Do you mean someone who you can communicate with in English?
Mack.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The expression here is "if your real estate agent speaks english you are paying too much". Given that you have a few bits of advice. Besides lots of foreigners can afford to pay too much. Last two. Can be much harder to sell here, less liquidity, and do not expect good appreciation or count on rental income. I'm out of advice. I bought here and it worked out fine. *but I have not tried to sell. Good luck.

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
Because of the weakness of most currencies against the u.s. dollar (now at least) I want to find an American buyer for our house and think that an American real estate agent is more likely to have those clients.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Given the 'looseness' of the real estate market here, that's not a bad plan.

DR is an excellent market for buyer's agents....
Forget trying for a listing - grab your self a buyer and tour him around....

Like an auction, the buyer pays the fee

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Because of the weakness of most currencies against the u.s. dollar (now at least) I want to find an American buyer for our house and think that an American real estate agent is more likely to have those clients.

In my experience selling a villa is tougher than selling a condo guarded by a security company. In the complex I'm in three American owners recently sold units and not one of the buyers was American. Neither were the agents who brought the buyers. If I were you I would contact Century 21 or Remax and ask for an American agent.
Mack.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

May I ask where your house is located?