tax free x-mas .

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
could someone help me with current regulations on the sending and bringing of electronics as gifts for the holidays. send tank? airport? cedula? dates? thanks in advance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Tax free exemption is for Dominicans only, flying into DR. I haven't seen announcement of amount/limit, the details of qualifications or dates yet for 2016.*

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
could someone help me with current regulations on the sending and bringing of electronics as gifts for the holidays. send tank? airport? cedula? dates? thanks in advance.

1.- Must be Dominican, resident in another coutry coming for xmas and arriving between the dates that the goverment says.
2.- The amount last year was equivalent up to US$3,000.00, have to wait for the anouncement for this year.
3.- Must provide proof that was out of the Dominican Republic more than 6 months.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is also on packages, i believe, but they need to be both sent and retrieved by a person meeting above criteria.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the terms of gracia navidena 2016 have been announced:
http://www.diariolibre.com/economia...-dominicanos-envien-regalos-navidad-DY5526454

starts 1st of december and ends 7th of january, the value of "gifts" is 3,000 dollars. couriers can be used to send the packages but the person picking them up is subjected to the same rules as people bringing the gifts personally: dominican residents abroad who have not visited DR for the last 6 months. to pick up shipped packages they would have to present themselves in DGA with supporting documents.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
the terms of gracia navidena 2016 have been announced:
http://www.diariolibre.com/economia...-dominicanos-envien-regalos-navidad-DY5526454

starts 1st of december and ends 7th of january, the value of "gifts" is 3,000 dollars. couriers can be used to send the packages but the person picking them up is subjected to the same rules as people bringing the gifts personally: dominican residents abroad who have not visited DR for the last 6 months. to pick up shipped packages they would have to present themselves in DGA with supporting documents.

hmmm this could be great news. Wife has been in the states since early april. Has US residency. Currently thinking about coming back down jan 5th with me, after holidays in NY.

I think I will have to go visit the guys we use as courier and check if the product needs to be here by Jan 7th or shipped by Jan 7th.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
hmmm this could be great news. Wife has been in the states since early april. Has US residency. Currently thinking about coming back down jan 5th with me, after holidays in NY.

I think I will have to go visit the guys we use as courier and check if the product needs to be here by Jan 7th or shipped by Jan 7th.

Tax free is under the period of December 1st to Jan 7th. If is not here between that period get ready the wallet to pay.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some further explanation regarding the terms:
gracia navidena only extends to one person per family (that is if a married dominican couple did not visit DR in the last 6 months only one of them can bring 3,000 in gifts, not both)
only one item of any type of household goods is permitted (that is one could bring a TV, a microwave and a radio but not few tv or few radios).
http://nuevo.z101digital.com/articu...en-tener-6-meses-o-más-fuera-de-rd-11-22-2016