Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tax free x-mas .

could someone help me with current regulations on the sending and bringing of electronics as gifts for the holidays. send tank? airport? cedula? dates? thanks in advance.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Tax free exemption is for Dominicans only, flying into DR. I haven't seen announcement of amount/limit, the details of qualifications or dates yet for 2016.*

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkas View Post
    could someone help me with current regulations on the sending and bringing of electronics as gifts for the holidays. send tank? airport? cedula? dates? thanks in advance.
    1.- Must be Dominican, resident in another coutry coming for xmas and arriving between the dates that the goverment says.
    2.- The amount last year was equivalent up to US$3,000.00, have to wait for the anouncement for this year.
    3.- Must provide proof that was out of the Dominican Republic more than 6 months.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it is also on packages, i believe, but they need to be both sent and retrieved by a person meeting above criteria.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    it is also on packages, i believe, but they need to be both sent and retrieved by a person meeting above criteria.
    That qualifies for "Only in the DR".

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks to all.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ssarkas View Post
    thanks to all.
    Glad we were able to help.

Super Moderator DR1.com

8. Likes Jaime809 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the terms of gracia navidena 2016 have been announced:
    http://www.diariolibre.com/economia/...idad-DY5526454

starts 1st of december and ends 7th of january, the value of "gifts" is 3,000 dollars. couriers can be used to send the packages but the person picking them up is subjected to the same rules as people bringing the gifts personally: dominican residents abroad who have not visited DR for the last 6 months. to pick up shipped packages they would have to present themselves in DGA with supporting documents.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    the terms of gracia navidena 2016 have been announced:
    http://www.diariolibre.com/economia/...idad-DY5526454

starts 1st of december and ends 7th of january, the value of "gifts" is 3,000 dollars. couriers can be used to send the packages but the person picking them up is subjected to the same rules as people bringing the gifts personally: dominican residents abroad who have not visited DR for the last 6 months. to pick up shipped packages they would have to present themselves in DGA with supporting documents.

hmmm this could be great news. Wife has been in the states since early april. Has US residency. Currently thinking about coming back down jan 5th with me, after holidays in NY.

I think I will have to go visit the guys we use as courier and check if the product needs to be here by Jan 7th or shipped by Jan 7th.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rafael View Post
    hmmm this could be great news. Wife has been in the states since early april. Has US residency. Currently thinking about coming back down jan 5th with me, after holidays in NY.

I think I will have to go visit the guys we use as courier and check if the product needs to be here by Jan 7th or shipped by Jan 7th.
    Tax free is under the period of December 1st to Jan 7th. If is not here between that period get ready the wallet to pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast