Sewing supplies...

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Does anyone know where we can find special sewing thread in Santo Domingo?

It is a nylon monofilament thread that has a transparent look. It makes it look 'invisible' when sewn.
Thanks!

May 29, 2006
There must be hundreds of sasterias you can ask at or look for a place that sells upholstery supplies.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
place in colonial zone has sewing supplies think is 19th of march street north of el conde

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks folks! This thread is used more for quilting than upholstery.

Is it for stippling? I made a small quilt and used this nylon/polyester kind of thread. If you don't find any I can bring you some in Jan.

May 29, 2006
The kids are always buying thread by the mile here for kites. *A garbage bag and three sticks. *I used to make my own kites and I'm impressed with how little they need and how high they go.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Dume (several stores) or Encaje Rosario (with a main branch in the Ave. Duarte area and another on Av. Gustavo Mejia Ricart, a block west from La Sirena and Av. Winston Churchill.*

MarkDR

Feb 18, 2016
Is it for stippling? I made a small quilt and used this nylon/polyester kind of thread. If you don't find any I can bring you some in Jan.

No in this case it is being recommended for the applique parts. This is because they are in all different colors and the idea is to use the monofilament thread so that constant thread changing would be avoided.
We'd like to get this quilt done in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the offer.