Handy tip for those cheap Xmas lights

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
If any of you have recently purchased those cheap Christmas lights from most of the major retailers here, you may like me spent many an hour playing with the plug trying to find the sweet spot where they work.

Well here's a handy tip:

The prongs of the plug are made from thin strips of copper, that are too thin to make a decent contact in your wall socket, or extension. *Get a pair of pliers and bend the prongs of the plug from around 2/3 of the length. Fold the bend back on itself and squash it flat with your pliers. *You have now doubled the thickness of the plug prong and you will find that they work in any socket. *They now also work if you want to use the piggy-back function of the light's plug.

Merry Christmas!*

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
If any of you have recently purchased those cheap Christmas lights from most of the major retailers here, you may like me spent many an hour playing with the plug trying to find the sweet spot where they work.

Well here's a handy tip:

The prongs of the plug are made from thin strips of copper, that are too thin to make a decent contact in your wall socket, or extension. *Get a pair of pliers and bend the prongs of the plug from around 2/3 of the length. Fold the bend back on itself and squash it flat with your pliers. *You have now doubled the thickness of the plug prong and you will find that they work in any socket. *They now also work if you want to use the piggy-back function of the light's plug.

Merry Christmas!*

Merry Christmas!