No More Christmas Gifts

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
DR1 News today:

Taxpayers relieved from paying for officers gift-giving
Through the offices of the Minister of the Presidency, Gustavo Montalvo, President Danilo Medina issued a circular that bans the purchase of Christmas gifts, including baskets of festive alcoholic drinks and other presents with public funds, a common government practice at the cost of taxpayers. The disposition is obligatory for all agencies ascribed to the Executive Branch. The circular (C?PR?IN?2016?29,066) was signed by Minister Gustavo Montalvo.

Governmental agencies can, however still purchase Christmas baskets for distribution to low-income families.

http://www.7dias.com.do/portada/2016...-publicos.html

I doubt the politicos and friends of politicos will be happy about this news. For genuine gift giving they will need to dig into their funds....and not the public purse......one hopes....

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It says they can still give to low-income familes, and unless the meaning of "low-income" is stated, I guess they can pretty much continue as before.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
DR1 News today:

Taxpayers relieved from paying for officers gift-giving

The people running this country will continue to do as the please with tax payers money
and no ?circular?is going to make them stop :cheeky:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Last year it was forbidden too. My parents in law had always 4 or 5 baskets and last year 0. It seems to work.