Friday Road Condions

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
What is the latest on the main road through to Sosua from Cabarete, especially the Sea Horse section and the area entering Sosua. Yesterday the space between Radio, car wash and taxi stand was a mess in the afternoon. Thanks, need to be in town later.

Aug 21, 2007
In front of the car wash (used to be Max Car Wash, don't know its name now, but is next to Calla Pizza in Sosua) there is flooding. Jan, the mechanic, just told me that you cannot pass there and that he has 60 cars full of water to repair.

I don't know about Sea Horse Ranch.

For those wanting to go to Santiago via Sabaneta - Moca, the bridge in Jamao that was badly damaged this week is now closed.

Lindsey

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
In front of the car wash (used to be Max Car Wash, don't know its name now, but is next to Calla Pizza in Sosua) there is flooding. Jan, the mechanic, just told me that you cannot pass there and that he has 60 cars full of water to repair.

I don't know about Sea Horse Ranch.

For those wanting to go to Santiago via Sabaneta - Moca, the bridge in Jamao that was badly damaged this week is now closed.

Lindsey

Thanks, time to get creative in the kitchen until the water recedes enough to go through. Always Janet's on the other end of town but usually a mess in front of Viva Hotel and then have to deal with the mess in and around Janet's. Life in the fast lane.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Seahorse area still okay, water is right up to the grassy shoulders but not on the highway yet.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The joys and perils of living in a one thoroughfare town...*My favorite saying these days, "You can't get there from here."

More rain to come. Situated on a somewhat steep incline, one cannot help but be a little concerned. I have started going out and looking for new cracks or fissures in and around my place these days.*

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
With more rain to come i'm sure the connection (to go to Cabarete or hospital in Sosua) outside SeaHorse will be under water again. If you have an EMERGENCY (like a real emergency) you can call me (809-571-1103) and there is a secret by-pass through Playa Laguna/SeaHorse that gets you around it. *Please only a real emergency ....

single travel

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Who's EVEN going anywhere? I decided it's not a good idea to leave the apartment and have elected to stay inside to a.) clean up water from ceiling leaks; and/or b.) move the crystal before the ceiling falls down.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The government has ordered the evacuation of people that live close to the Yanke del norte river in Santiago, Mao, and Monti Cristi.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I saw about 200 people on the streets by the bridge over the river in Mao. Houses flooded and people removed .I guess. River is very high and large. I sure hope it doesn't get higher