It's NOT my fault

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I believe no es mi culpa is the correct Spanish for it is not my fault.

I won't mention the law firm by name as then I would need to provide my name and contact info but most can guess which firm it is.

Doing the residence renewal and something went wrong at DGM the first time go round. Something to do with "can't find in the system" which to me usually means somebody goofed up. The lawyer returns without me later to finish step one.

We make an appointment to meet at the clinic this morning at 9:30 AM. Come 10:00 she is not there so I call her and she says she will be there in thirty minutes. I give her thirty plus thirty. So now it is 11:00 AM and she is still not there. One hour and a half I have been waiting. I call her and she starts with all this gibberish talk which has nothing to do with her being later. She then says in crystal clear English "It's NOT my fault". That is when I hung up the phone and left............

OK, I vented, it's not my fault for this post.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well I also had my dealings with that firm, I wasn't impressed at all.

So she says I will be there at noon. I didn't go back at noon but waited for her phone call. She calls at 12:30 to say she is there. I say, will be there in ten minutes. I ask her a simple question. Why didn't you call or email me that you could not make it at 9:30? She shrugs her shoulders...............................

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So she says I will be there at noon. I didn't go back at noon but waited for her phone call. She calls at 12:30 to say she is there. I say, will be there in ten minutes. I ask her a simple question. Why didn't you call or email me that you could not make it at 9:30? She shrugs her shoulders...............................

I'd need extra blood pressure meds by now. *SMH. **

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
you should have used Feybooo , Whatsapp, or snapchat with a Picture of you waiting, and finger pointed at your watch. and a Sad Face .. .. She would have responded in 30 seconds Flat.

and sadly, No I'm NOT joking..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
no es mi culpa is the national motto. it is embroidered on the flag.

I believe the Dominican flag is the only one with a bible depicted in it. *

"Si Dios quiere" is another Dominican motto. *One that drives me insane!

I think that's where Santo Domingo airport got its three letter code from.....SDQ.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
you should have used Feybooo , Whatsapp, or snapchat with a Picture of you waiting, and finger pointed at your watch. and a Sad Face .. .. She would have responded in 30 seconds Flat.

and sadly, No I'm NOT joking..

You are probably right. I must have tried calling her more than a dozen times and 8 out of 10 the call went to voice mail.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

I think that's where Santo Domingo airport got its three letter code from.....SDQ.

Si : probably.
Si dios quiere : probably not, but sounds better than no.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014

Yeah, they got it from the Quran and Islam, "Insha Allah" god willing. No breaks on the bus? Insha Allah, god willing we will arrive safely. Your work is unacceptable, if god willed it, I would have done a better job. Yep, si dio quiere, is the cure all in DR.

Jan 7, 2016
The only way a big firm may know about an associate's screw-ups is to field a complaint. I agree with Robert. If my employee was aloof and unable to be contacted by a client, I'd want to know.