Seguros universal - is it ok?

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I want to get this for my family. It it good.? Any problems/ feedback. Tks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have had it for about 12 years. Have not used it much, but when I did it was fine for coverage.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I decided, since I chose to live here, that I should probably have local insurance. Even with all of my medical dramas, it has been quite satisfactory.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Universal, Palic and Humano. All are good. Check to see if the facilities you will be using will accept the insurance you choose.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Most of our Teachers have Humano while Yris, myself, her brother and the maid have Palic. Most don't pay for medication, except while you are in hospital or clinic. Yris and I have Palic Prestige , but it's not as cheap as some plans but pays about 80 percent of medication costs....etc. Make sure the insurance agent explains the different plans and coverages.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
had it for years, works great.

personally, i would not bother with pharmacy coverage, especially if you have some chronic conditions. good insurance will cover around 80% but the yearly amount is low. not really worth it if you need few different meds a month, every month. you'd be better off buying in bulk and asking for a discount. if you only get sick once or twice a year it may be ok.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Yes the family plan no meds. Also it covers men with no medical up til about 65 yrsI believe.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
I have it and can say they are really good! My insurance agent is Angie Wolff, her employee Jinette is doing the insurance part. The insurance always covered any claim. Jinette and Angie resolved any issue so fast! Yes Universal i can recommend 100%!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have Universal and are very happy with it. We have used it for dental, as well as medical (including minor surgery at HOMS

Bob K

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Have had Universal for 8 years (?) international & national. Have used it inside and outside the country with no problems, always efficient, always there with questions and super fast reimbursements... Zero complaints

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've had Universal for over 20 years, and am pretty happy with the coverage. The only thing I don't like about them is they pressure doctors to discharge folks from clinics sooner than some doctors prefer.

But, the proof is in the pudding: Ask most providers which insurance is the best, and most will tell you Humana.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Universal, Palic and Humano. All are good. Check to see if the facilities you will be using will accept the insurance you choose.
Don't know too much about Universal. I have Humano Max Individual going on 9 years, and have never had a problem. It's actually better than my State side insurance as far as nationwide coverage. As mentioned above, check the facilities that are close to where you live, will be staying, or visiting, and check to see what they accept. Not only if they accept the coverage, but what amount they cover. Some places will tell you they accept the coverage, and that coverage will pick up 100% of the bill, while others may cover only 25%. If children are involved in the equation, you may want to consider the plans with meds included, as those costs can add up.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Also, many plans have regulations regarding how they cover an insured woman in regards to pregnancies, requiring the lady to be with the insurer at least 1 year before they will cover child births.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Also, many plans have regulations regarding how they cover an insured woman in regards to pregnancies, requiring the lady to be with the insurer at least 1 year before they will cover child births.

The way it works in Universal in regards to this topic is simple. The woman needs to take a pregnancy test prior to acceptance. If passed she is covered from that time onward.