italian murdered in his house in montecristi

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Condolences to the family of the deceased. If you live in the DR you need to plan against this sort of crime or risk being a victim. Dogs, barriers, weapons and making your sleeping room into a secure area will stop this crime. Its sad that its so preventable yet happens over and over.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Probably people who he knew or who knew of him. Just wondering why he was living in Montecristi? Doesn't seem like a big expat destination unless he had a child or girlfriend from there. Very sad, he probably recently retired and was looking forward to a peaceful life. Now I hope he can rest peacefully forever.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
interesting. apparently there was a woman there with him. the police say the motive for the killing is unknown...i find that strange if he had someone with him. or, she ain?t talking...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Security... Sorry, a man is dead and I don't want to do the blame the victim thing.

No such thing as security in this country. Be prepared to man up and handle your business
should the occasion arise. Don?t want to do the blame the victim thing? Then don?t.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It would have been nice to finish the year without another one of these cases. What does that put the count at on the year dv8? 18?

17, i think. i went through all regional forums:
1. german in imbert (technically still december, last days)
2. canadian in cabrera
3. american in cabrera
4. arubian in cabrera
5. german in POP
6. italian in montellano
7. italian in jarabacoa
8. canadian in sosua
9. german in SD
10. polak in bavaro
11. belgian in costambar
12. italian in boca chica
13. taiwanese in SD
14. spanish in SD
15. italian in las terrenas
16. canadian in la romana

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
No such thing as security in this country. Be prepared to man up and handle your business
should the occasion arise. Don?t want to do the blame the victim thing? Then don?t.

Exactly, but I'd also make it difficult, dangerous, and unrewarding for somebody (or somebodies) to attempt it.

Last edited:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
Sorry to hear that this man was murdered. Expats, tourists, and many more who are not from the DR at times let their guard down and befriend people that they normally would not back in their country. No one knows for sure what the motives or the reasons were, but sad all the way around.

Sep 4, 2012
17, i think. i went through all regional forums:
1. german in imbert (technically still december, last days)
2. canadian in cabrera
3. american in cabrera
4. arubian in cabrera
5. german in POP
6. italian in montellano
7. italian in jarabacoa
8. canadian in sosua
9. german in SD
10. polak in bavaro
11. belgian in costambar
12. italian in boca chica
13. taiwanese in SD
14. spanish in SD
15. italian in las terrenas
16. canadian in la romana

Are those just murders victims or everything fit all?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Are those just murders victims or everything fit all?

murder. accidents and suicides not counted in.

Any stats on how many of these murders are random acts of violence vs the results of something going wrong between parties that knew each other?*

that varied.
1. woman involved. arrests were made fairly recently, seems like personal reasons.
2, 3, 4. all allegedly killed by the members of the same criminal group, arrests were made, motive was apparent robbery.
5. killed for resisting robbery.
6. dispute with haitians.
7. drug deal gone bad.
8. killed during robbery.
9. killed during robbery.
10. newspapers called it "adjuste de cuentas", arrest were made.
11. killed during alleged robbery; man accused of committing the crime was arrested and then released.
12. killed during robbery.
13. killed during robbery.
14. dirty business deals, killers likely hired.
15. killed over work dispute.
16. killed by his underage lover.

Sep 4, 2012
You sure know how to keep count, I'll stay away from you and do not count me in for anything. :) Your numbers never lead to anything still alive :lick:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Exactly, but I'd also make it difficult, dangerous, and unrewarding for somebody (or somebodies) to attempt it.
Make it fatal for any armed person entering your house uninvited. I'm sorry the world is this way, but if you are not armed or at least have an aggressive dog you are an inviting target for those looking at your house - and they are watching and assessing how much you might have. It is sad we can not trust many people in the DR, because I think most are good and yet we can not let our guard down.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes put land mines and electric fence also...sign up too homeland drone patrol...sad how some of you live with tin foil hats ..