CityLights owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaelin

Apr 22, 2008
So last night I went to CityLights for the first time. I want to mention that I come to Sosua about 3 times per year. I like to stay here and go to Cabarete every day for kiteboarding. I was also married with a dominican for 7 years so I can say that I know more or less how things work here, I've been subjected to many scams intentions and I can say I know how to recognize one and stay out of it. So going back to last night, I went to CityLights for the first time. I had a couple of beers and started a chat with one of the servers there. I asked her if she wants a drink and she said Corona. I was surprised to see the bar charged me 250 pesos when the presidente is 125 but I thought they did that because the drink was for the waitress. Now I've been in establishments around the world where they charge more for drinks for the girls that work there. So I was sitting at the table with this waitress and I noticed a guy coming over to her several times, barking orders at her so I figured he was the boss. He was sitting at a table next to me, doing shot after shot. Before leaving I wanted to clear the point of drinks for girls there so I went over to him and asked him If he charges more for drinks when it's for staff, just so I know next time I go there. I also asked him if he charges 250 pesos for a Corona; I just wanted to make sure the bar wasn't scamming.
As soon as I asked him, he went ballistic, swearing and saying ''WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? I HAVE TO CHARGE MORE, I MEAN YOU SIT THERE WITH YOUR UGLY FACE TALKING WITH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL. WHERE ARE YOU FROM? CANADA, AMERICA? YOU COME HERE BECAUSE NOBODY LOOKS AT YOUR UGLY FACE BACK HOME''
I was perplexed, told him to f..k off, paid the waitress, thanked for her company and walked out.
Oh well, i think this country brings the worst in some people. Or maybe he wasn't hugged when he was a kid. Or maybe he's the one that has self esteem issues with his looks.
One thing is for sure, I'm never going back to that place. I don't think It would last too long under his management anyways.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sounds like AD, the owner of El Rauncho Tipico, a real customer service man!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Corona sells anywhere from 200 - 300 pesos. You weren't overcharged. Yes, Ad is a total asshole.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Corona sells anywhere from 200 - 300 pesos. You weren't overcharged. Yes, Ad is a total asshole.

He was not always like that , but when someone beats you and locks you in a closet and ..

oh wait .. never mind that was not him. sorry.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
As a young man, Ad never found this book under the Christmas Tree.

How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

Plus he needs glasses, the girls are not that beautiful.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
City lights has changed hands way too many times for an owner of the
place to ever talk trash to a customer.

My advice: Pass by there again the next time you visit Sosua, chances of
the place having a different owner are very high.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If the guy you talked to was indeed the ex-boss at the old Rancho Tipico, and it sure sounds like him, I know a couple of girls who worked there as long as they could stand it who had terrible stories to tell about him.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
What is amusing is upon reading the details of the OP's experience, I have Zero doubt that this in fact did happen ,exactly like he said it did , and also realized immediately that this sounds exactly like AD , who else would possibly act this way with a paying customer.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As soon as I asked him, he went ballistic, swearing and saying ''WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? I HAVE TO CHARGE MORE, I MEAN YOU SIT THERE WITH YOUR UGLY FACE TALKING WITH A BEAUTIFUL GIRL. WHERE ARE YOU FROM? CANADA, AMERICA? YOU COME HERE BECAUSE NOBODY LOOKS AT YOUR UGLY FACE BACK HOME''

I am going to do a CCCCCCC to honor him.

"The truth hurts" BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Ok.

Let me have it!!!!!!

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
He was just probably just ****ed off no one was buying him shots at 250 a pop and had to pay for them himself :)

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
No need to feel bad as Ad is very consistent with his hatred towards everybody.

Kaelin

Apr 22, 2008
best revenge ...spend your pesos somewhere else and spread the word
That's exactly what I'm doing.
Guy is an imbecile, you figure that someone that has reached a certain age shows some maturity. Anyways, just wanted to spread the word here. Peace everyone.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That's exactly what I'm doing.
Guy is an imbecile, you figure that someone that has reached a certain age shows some maturity. Anyways, just wanted to spread the word here. Peace everyone.
I've avoided that s**t hole for a long time opting for a more quiet life style with fellow drunks in more seedy gin-joints, or is that rum ?
Oh well I don't look good in the "lights"

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Are you sure it wasn't Brad Pitt the OP was talking to? *Ad has claimed that many people have confused him for Brad Pitt in the past.

With those dashing good looks and that charming Dutch glint in his eye, I'm really surprised that he's getting such a bad rap on here.

He is so good looking, he is actually allowed to call all his guests ugly by comparison. *And all the girls that work for him are fighting behind the scenes to spend some "quality" time with him.

Kaelin

Apr 22, 2008
Are you sure it wasn't Brad Pitt the OP was talking to? *Ad has claimed that many people have confused him for Brad Pitt in the past.

With those dashing good looks and that charming Dutch glint in his eye, I'm really surprised that he's getting such a bad rap on here.

He is so good looking, he is actually allowed to call all his guests ugly by comparison. *And all the girls that work for him are fighting behind the scenes to spend some "quality" time with him.

Here's a photo of me and the girl from that night. She told me she was Haitian but I didn't believe her...her Spanish was too good. Now you be the judge

george-clooney-stacy-keibler-2011-2013.jpg

And this is the owner after don't know how many shots as I lost count during the 10 seconds I watched him. I caught him right at the moment he was barking orders to his staff.

gollum_250x188.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.