Vitamin K1 for dogs

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
Does anyone know where I can purchase vitamin K1 in the DR? And what would be the dosage in dogs? Any *idea on price?

I know it is normally used as an anti-warfarin in people but my understanding is that it is also used as antidote to rat poison which is often used to poison dogs.*

Would a regular pharmacy carry it? would an agro-vet carry it (the kind of store that sells everything for farm animals and also have vaccines for dogs).

Thank you!

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Does anyone know where I can purchase vitamin K1 in the DR? And what would be the dosage in dogs? Any *idea on price?

I know it is normally used as an anti-warfarin in people but my understanding is that it is also used as antidote to rat poison which is often used to poison dogs.*

Would a regular pharmacy carry it? would an agro-vet carry it (the kind of store that sells everything for farm animals and also have vaccines for dogs).

Thank you!

A vet should have it - ask around. It's not expensive.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm not a vet so not the best person to speak authoritatively nor do I know just what options your local vet has available to them. A complete course of treatment might include blood transfusions, IV fluids, K1 injections and K1 in tablet form for several weeks after your pal is stabilized.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Vets in Sosua used to sell an anti ☠ kit that you administer then bring the dog to the vet. Time is important and it takes training to Guage the animals condition. Not something you should undertake by yourself. With a kit and you being vigilant your dog's are safe.*

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Dr Bob, the vet between the Next petrol station and HVB plaza is the man to go to. *He sells poison kits that you keep in your fridge. *He's also a very good vet.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
There is also some kind of " coal " that supposedly helps to absorb poison.