rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Hi
I plan to go to 3 different places

from santo domingo.
How do i get to

las terranas and or semana

on a friday night leaving after 4pm from santo domingo

( also i need to be able to return to santo domingo on the sunday afternoon)

. same question for punta cana and juan dolio

Ive done a tone of research

Bavaro expresses last bus leaves at 4pm.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Your "tone of research" <sic> should suggest to you that if you wish to travel at times outside the scheduled buses, you are either hiring a car and driver or you are walking.*

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Your "tone of research" <sic> should suggest to you that if you wish to travel at times outside the scheduled buses, you are either hiring a car and driver or you are walking.*

Your sarcasm wasn't lost on me...thanks for the smart a$$ response. Do you think it reasonable to consider there maybe other companies that do operate later? I do. It is completely possible. Companies i may not know about which is why i use this board. So whilst i did make a typo with the word 'tone' and i'll endeavor next time to change my spelling so as not to incur your wrath, i think it also fair to ask you to change your 'tone'

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
You got the Punta Cana answer on your other post, bus to Higuey and transfer, they go later.
To Samana the last Caribe Tours is 4:30. Making that saves a lot of hassle. Back on Sunday no problem.
To Las Terenas take the Samana bus to Sanchez and taxi over the hill.
You're right, Buster wasn't really helpful.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's not the misspelling that I was drawing attention to - it was the vastness of your research. If you have in fact done a ton, then you will know that apart from the "take your life in your hands and pray" transport outfits the answer to your question is "no". Bavaro Express is your only "wise" choice.

You shouldn't be travelling after dark anyways unless it's absolutely necessary. Sunset these days is around 6pm. All of your destinations are more than 3 hours from SD. I can't make the search function here work for me, or I'd post the link to the thread about the minibus crash enroute to LT earlier this year.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was thinking at least 25 minutes to get out of SD on the assumption the OP was downtown somewhere, he didn't say where he was starting from.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi
I plan to go to 3 different places

from santo domingo.
How do i get to

las terranas and or semana

on a friday night leaving after 4pm from santo domingo

( also i need to be able to return to santo domingo on the sunday afternoon)

. same question for punta cana and juan dolio

Ive done a tone of research

Bavaro expresses last bus leaves at 4pm.

As far as getting to the Samana Peninsula you can take Transporte Las Terrenas bus from SD, however the last bus is at 3PM. There is a bus from Las Terrenas to SD that returns daily at 3:30 PM. This bus will take you directly to Las Terrenas. If you take the Caribe bus it ends in Sanchez and you would have to take a taxi over the mountain to Las Terrenas. Just remember it will be dark by then so travelling will be a little more challenging. The Caribe bus does go into Samana City but I would recommend going to Las Terrenas, very nice beaches, restaurants and accomodations. Honestly I would rent a car and drive to LT. It will take you approximately 3-3.5 hours from SD and then you would have transportation to get around LT and also go to Samana City if you want. Once you get out of Santo Domingo driving will not be difficult. You are on a toll road north for about 1 hour and 15 minutes then exit onto rt 5 going East past El Catey Airport and take the new highway extension into Las Terrenas. Renting a small car for 2-3 days will not be expensive. If you need any other info or directions try to send me a private message. Good luck and good travels.