Data with Claro

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Anyone know how to put data on to a Claro prepaid sim cell phone?

can't recall exact steps but try *111#

internet
compra
paquetes de data nuevo (or something like that)

*122# I believe is for balance in pesos

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
In small print on the back of the card I thought it explained how to do it. I don?t have a card handy to check.

I do recall turning on data on the phone and I was able to use the Internet.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You can go to any Claro outlet and they have packages, or days, week, month. They program it right into your phone, not expensive*

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You can go to any Claro outlet and they have packages, or days, week, month. They program it right into your phone, not expensive*

Actually no need when you can do it yourself. It is like a 6 step process of selecting different drop down menus.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
it is *112# call
replay with option 2 Internet Movil or 4 Nuevos Paquetes de Datos
and the replay with the one you want to buy

thanks, wasn't sure if it was *111# or *112# but the trick is to first select internet but on another menu the key is nuevos paquetes de datos. This part changed in the last year or so.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
thanks, wasn't sure if it was *111# or *112# but the trick is to first select internet but on another menu the key is nuevos paquetes de datos. This part changed in the last year or so.

The available options in the menu (and pricing!) are different depending on if you buy that Claro sim using a cedula or a passport (yes, it's higher if passport was used).

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The available options in the menu (and pricing!) are different depending on if you buy that Claro sim using a cedula or a passport (yes, it's higher if passport was used).

Wow, thanks I never knew that.

nsdr

Bronze
Feb 1, 2007
Bigbird sorry for the dislike. It was a mistake. All the advice is great! Bought sim 10 yrs ago with passport. If menu doesn't work I'll go into a Claro place.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Bigbird sorry for the dislike. It was a mistake. All the advice is great! Bought sim 10 yrs ago with passport. If menu doesn't work I'll go into a Claro place.

No problem..........

Bought mine ten years ago with passport also. Maybe time to change and sign up with cedula.