Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default electricity 24/7 a reality???

Are there any neighborhoods that have electricity all the time from the grid?............Doc..............

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The circuits that are rated "A" by EDE receive as close to 24/7 power as is possible in the DR. In other words, "A" circuits have 24/7 power unless there is a real problem somewhere in the system.

Non "A" circuits have programmed outages and can be cut at will additionally when needed:

http://edenorte.com.do/atencion-al-c...es-programadas

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    Are there any neighborhoods that have electricity all the time from the grid?............Doc..............
    I seriously doubt it. At my condo in Cabarete we average 23 hours/day. Some days it's on for the full 24 hours. Other days it might be off for 2-3 hours. We have a planta - so no problem.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Punta Cana, Bavaro have 24/7 electric. CEPM is a private company. You pay more, but it works.

5. Likes KateP, Peterj, InsanelyOne, robbie, CinCity liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I seriously doubt it. At my condo in Cabarete we average 23 hours/day. Some days it's on for the full 24 hours. Other days it might be off for 2-3 hours. We have a planta - so no problem.
    And if you are in Cabarete center, you are on an A circuit, but backup is still needed almost every day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Uvero Alto and we have 24/7 power. As Sky mentioned above we are on CEPM. I think we pay just over 12 pesos per kwh.

8. Likes CinCity liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    And if you are in Cabarete center, you are on an A circuit, but backup is still needed almost every day.
    I live about a mile east of the center of Cabarete. Our planta has a digital display, so it is very easy to determine an average for what percentage of time the 24/7 line is actually working. We track it closely.

Power interruptions are a lot more frequent than what I would call a power outage. Yesterday it cycled on and off numerous times, but was only "off" for maybe 5 minutes at a time. Really annoying.

Edenorte also has regular planned outages. Still, there are many days where the power actually does stay on all 24 hours here, but the average is "off" one hour/day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In my area of Santiago we have 24/7 power. I don't even have an inversol let alone planta. My son however lives in the capitol (in a nicer area) and his power goes on and off all day. The building has a planta but it is one of those that do not switch over automatically so it takes a few seconds to switch over.

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 24/7 power in a campo not far from Moncion (Santiago Rodriguez province) which also has 24/7. The electricity goes off usually one Friday in 4 for 3-5 hours but not always, which is for maintenance, otherwise only if there is a problem. Sometimes no outtages for months at a time. No idea why we are lucky to have it here.

Matilda

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyexpat View Post
    In my area of Santiago we have 24/7 power. I don't even have an inversol let alone planta. My son however lives in the capitol (in a nicer area) and his power goes on and off all day. The building has a planta but it is one of those that do not switch over automatically so it takes a few seconds to switch over.
    Yes I also live in Santiago, had this new house about one and a half months makes me nervous that the power has never gone out??Neighbors say energetic never go out. never is a long time

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast